PT Puts on 40kg

I know this is pretty random but just then on the Australian news there was a personal trainer who has put on 20kg of bad weight since christmas and is only halfway to his goal. The footage of him before christmas has him around about 85kg at below 10%bf.

By what he was saying he would’ve eating upwards of 6K a day.

The reason behind the massive splurge on food is he wants to get an insight as to what it feels like to be in some of his bigger clients shoes. He has even given up training for 10 weeks so he doesnt burn off TOO many calories.

Now here’s my question
If you were/are a PT would you
A)put on a shitload of crappy weight to dive into the psyche of fat people

or

B)stay lean or lean out to the point where you’re jacked and the clients come runnin.

hmmm?

ill try and find a video and post the link

Seems pretty stupid.

Hang around fat people and you will easily see why they are fat.

They have no concern about their health
They don’t like the taste of vegetables
They snack on sugar shit when they are hungry
Drink soft drink all the time
Don’t eat breakfast
Can never be bothered cooking

I’m not a PT but I don’t see how being a fat one would do anything good for his business regardless of what he looked like before.

Honestly that’s just retarded. He could be lifting to bulk up while eating them 6000 calories.

Well, if you take pics, and use the “Before” as your “after”, and vice versa, you could be in a ‘special 6 page supplement ad-report’

S

Hers the link to the article, and there’s a video up there too.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/5298169/consumer/personal-trainer-heavy-experiment

Thanks for posting. It looks like it’s all about $- he’s making a documentary. Not a bad idea, actually. Go from underwear model, to fat ass, back to underwear model. Make money off the movie, get cred for doing something “sociological” and have clients out the ass for the foreseeable future.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Well, if you take pics, and use the “Before” as your “after”, and vice versa, you could be in a ‘special 6 page supplement ad-report’

S
[/quote]

Genius. . .

[quote]trextacy wrote:
Thanks for posting. It looks like it’s all about $- he’s making a documentary. Not a bad idea, actually. Go from underwear model, to fat ass, back to underwear model. Make money off the movie, get cred for doing something “sociological” and have clients out the ass for the foreseeable future.[/quote]

Yup, sounds like marketing. Plenty of PT’s out there in good shape, so he’s taking the opposite approach He’s so committed to helping people out, he is putting himself in their shoes to get a true understanding of their needs/emotions. Pretty dumb idea. It’ll probably work.

It’s only marketing.

You can’t simply copy the lifestyle of a fat person or -very rare- someone who has primarily “bad” genes (meaning, he gets easily fat with the average diet) by massivly eating for a short period of time.

Uneducated people who know nothing of training, diet etc are usually in awe when some actor or model speaks of how easy it was to shed 30 lbs after a certain movie was shot. “He/She’s simply lucky!” or “She/He trained his ass off”

But it’s rather easy for a athletic person to go from a brief fat period back to athletic.
In contrast, the fat cow clients in a studio have usually programmed their bodies for years to go for permanent fattening.

It takes years for a really fat cow to achieve just decent looks.

Unlearning habits, Relearning to eat right, Building new habits and learning to cope with new pains, urges, hormonal spikes while ignoring the old ones, getting accustomed to the new body, activley experiencing and relearning motor patterns …

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
It’s only marketing.

You can’t simply copy the lifestyle of a fat person or -very rare- someone who has primarily “bad” genes (meaning, he gets easily fat with the average diet) by massivly eating for a short period of time.

Uneducated people who know nothing of training, diet etc are usually in awe when some actor or model speaks of how easy it was to shed 30 lbs after a certain movie was shot. “He/She’s simply lucky!” or “She/He trained his ass off”

But it’s rather easy for a athletic person to go from a brief fat period back to athletic.
In contrast, the fat cow clients in a studio have usually programmed their bodies for years to go for permanent fattening.

It takes years for a really fat cow to achieve just decent looks.

Unlearning habits, Relearning to eat right, Building new habits and learning to cope with new pains, urges, hormonal spikes while ignoring the old ones, getting accustomed to the new body, activley experiencing and relearning motor patterns …[/quote]

An effective weight loss program should get someone to a “healthy” weight range in less than two years.
Even the real fattys can usually do it in under a year if they are commited and have good knowledge.
I think this guy is an idiot, would be funny if he got addicted to the lifestyle and couldnt loose the weight. Haveing said that, I agree it will probably work and he will get loads of fat loss clients.

Wat about the stretch marks?, say goodbye to uderwear modelling.

‘super size me’, anyone?

been done before, just for diff. reasons…