PT Making Himself Fat on Purpose

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I’ve heard of an actor who had to gain fat for a certain role take ice cream, melt it down, then drink it all.[/quote]

Ahh yeah i like his band too

He played John Lennon`s killer right? muwahahaha

the ice cream was Haagen Das

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

I’ve heard of an actor who had to gain fat for a certain role take ice cream, melt it down, then drink it all.[/quote]

the ice cream was Haagen Das[/quote]

I had a big deja-vu reading this post. Have you ever posted the same in the past?

About the thread, I think it’s a good idea. He’s experimenting all this and using his own body for testing, since it’s the only way to really discover about those addictions and so on.

Sadly many people will keep becoming fatter and fatter and blame external factors and not their own habits…but that’s the same for everything, not just weight.

EDIT : My favourite part of information on internet is the comments section. It gives me lots of insight on what (and how) people think.
I see lots of excuses and whines about his project. There’s these special jewels :

“He simply stopped taking steriods. This is what he looks like when he is natural. This proves nothing, and he will end up looking like an old wrestler when he is older-lol!”

And many are like this :
He’s a personal trainer, so he’s in the gym all day anyway… What about someone who has a desk job, and then goes to school also – or something similar. It’s far harder to make exercise part of your lifestyle in that situation…

or

this guy is idiot,alls hes proving is nothing…nobody wants to eat unhealthy,but who has $$60 to eat for the day when you can buy a couple of burgers for $4 at checkers! i would love to go buy good ingreadeants and good food but it costs alot money and that i dont have!

More :

This is ridiculous and absolutely offensive to think that this guy gaining 70 pounds in 6 month is anything like someone who struggles with obesity. Obesity is a disease. No one chooses to be fat.

does he have a full time job while he is losing this weight. or is that his job 24hrs a day to lose weight. its easier to lose weight if that all you doing all day is workking out

Stay fat for a year. Maybe 2. Then talk about how being overweight is painful for you. Until then you don’t know a thing about what it is like to live in a body that either you betrayed or genetics has betrayed you. It isn’t always candy and couches. But quick gain and loss is insight, not understanding. Frankly it offends me that he thinks it will give him understanding.

This is stupid and pointless… FIT people before to fat then back to fit is ALWAYS possible with determination and correct nutrition and exercise… what about people that were NEVER fit? Fat from birth… see how hard it is to loose weight then.

[i]

Wow.

How about giving him three kids, homework to teach his kids, activity to drive them around, meal to cook, house to clean and see if he still has the time for himself to stay fit? That's the actual barrier why ppl are getting overweight. Going to the gym is easy...making time for it when you're not single is hard.

[/i]

Aaaahhh so this must be what the main PT at one of the first gyms I ever trained at was doing! …I wonder when he’s going to start the second half of the experiment?

zzzz…

Dude is an idiot.

Ah, this one comment is great :

The human body wasn’t meant to exercise. Sure, the human body CAN exercise, but that doesn’t mean that it should. There are only so many times that an elbow can bend, the knees can bend, the arms can bend, and when you add weight to those joints and exercise them every day with that added weight, you are wearing them out faster than normal. You’ll see Drew…it’ll happen to you like it did to me and all of my fellow workout friends. It happens to everyone who works out.

I better stop doing any exercice then…

[quote]Edevus wrote:
Ah, this one comment is great :

The human body wasn’t meant to exercise. Sure, the human body CAN exercise, but that doesn’t mean that it should. There are only so many times that an elbow can bend, the knees can bend, the arms can bend, and when you add weight to those joints and exercise them every day with that added weight, you are wearing them out faster than normal. You’ll see Drew…it’ll happen to you like it did to me and all of my fellow workout friends. It happens to everyone who works out.

I better stop doing any exercice then…[/quote]

I would say that just about the only thing that makes body break down faster than exercise is no exercise at all.

Now trying to break the world record in squatting might be another matter, but who really trains that hard?

Also, I have no clear idea what the meaning of life would be, but checking out with the healthiest joints does not seem like an appealing life goal.

Why do people, in the comments, keep saying that eating unhealthy is more expensive? Is that the case in USA?
I can’t see how buying meat, eggs, etc. can be more expensive than going to McDonald’s or similar.
With drinks there’s no contest possible. Water or milk vs soda.

Can anyone confirm about the price of junk food over there? Sounds like excuses otherwise.

[quote]Edevus wrote:
Why do people, in the comments, keep saying that eating unhealthy is more expensive? Is that the case in USA?
I can’t see how buying meat, eggs, etc. can be more expensive than going to McDonald’s or similar.

Can anyone confirm about the price of junk food over there? Sounds like excuses otherwise.
[/quote]

You can get a hamburger for 99 cents at Wendy’s.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

You can get a hamburger for 99 cents at Wendy’s.[/quote]

And to add to that, “I don’t have time to cook”…

Definitely more expensive to eat healthy here, especially for veggies.

But you can buy a Wendy’s chili or side salad for the same $1.00.

Double no cheese, small chili and cesar side salad FTW.

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

I had a big deja-vu reading this post. Have you ever posted the same in the past? [/quote]

Haha no I havent, Im just a fan with a good memory :smiley:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

300-380 kcal…and they look delicious.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

I had a big deja-vu reading this post. Have you ever posted the same in the past? [/quote]

Haha no I havent, Im just a fan with a good memory :D[/quote]

I swear I’ve read the same thing about the ice-cream in the forum. Damn deja-vus…

I’ve eaten at Cici’s All you can eat Pizza buffet for $2.99.

Fun with comments:

LOL and wow. So, anyone in shape was on steroids and would be a complete fat ass without them. Got it.

LOl at “losing a hot man to fat”. I do believe we can say the same about more than half of America at this point. I think I’ve seen at least 50 women today lost to fat. In fact, some seem to be completely missing to fat. I mean, like milk carton picture, have you seen me, to fat.

I honestly think he is “normal” everywhere in the US in the after picture.

The comments (edevus) are a fascinating insight into obesity/sedentarism mindset.

Excuses…excuses…excuses.

[quote]BlueLineCretin wrote:

[quote]Edevus wrote:

[/quote]

And to add to that, “I don’t have time to cook”…[/quote]

Honestly, I can sort of understand it…but only because I know the drive to make a lifestyle change where you actually do cook most of your own food isn’t going to be found in the average person.

If I didn’t cook all of my food in one day, I would be eating out way more also…just like I was when gaining all out before. My time spent at work has gone up drastically as well and if I didn’t already have a plan in place to do this, it would be a huge obstacle otherwise.

[quote]big nurse wrote:
The comments (edevus) are a fascinating insight into obesity/sedentarism mindset.

Excuses…excuses…excuses.[/quote]

LOL

[quote]Ridiculous.

He gained 70 lbs in 6 months that is equal to eating an extra 1100 calories PER DAY EVERY DAY. No wonder you feel like crap.

That’s not how most people gain weight! Most people gain weight gradually…100 extra calories a day will make someone gain 10 pounds in a year…not including Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas…your body will compensate for your weight gain, your metabolism will slow down…

gain 20 pounds in a year…then another 20…then 30…then you’re obese… right now you’re a fit man under a lot of padding…[/quote]

You see…even if you are fat and stop exercising, if you were ever in shape, you are simply a fit man under padding.

[quote]big nurse wrote:

Excuses…excuses…excuses.[/quote]

I actually read around 1700 of them.

I’d say 75% of them are negative. Lots of excuses, hate, envy, etc.
I stumbled into a blog that was linked in one of the comments and left a comment. I checked now and the blog owner left me a super long post to counter what I said…I guess I’ll have to answer, but the guy was comparing being fat to becoming bald. “Can’t fight against it” attitude.