PT Making Himself Fat on Purpose

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/why-a-personal-trainer-is-making-himself-obese-on-purpose-2583990/

I’ve been obese (275 lbs) and normal (190-210 lbs) and I can tell you it’s like living two different existences. Perhaps next year I’ll be the “fit” guy and see if that’s even more different.

All I can say is good luck, it’s going to be a lot harder to take off than it was to put on.

Someone posted a story exactly like this a long time ago. After the PT gained a fuck load of weight, he was stuck with a lot of it and felt awful.

exactly. I can gain 14 pounds in 2 weeks. OF FAT. It takes me 7 weeks to take it off.

He’s thinking 6 months on, 6 months off. He’ll learn the #1 rule of not being fat: don’t get fat in the first place. With no mention, of course, to the extra fat cells he’s going to have to live with, for, like, ever.

He looks a lot happier in his before picture.

I wonder if he has a girlfriend/wife?

Also 6 months of no training? Fuck that.

He mentioned in the article that his wife hates this current project.

LOL. I did that without the news coverage. 300lbs wasn’t pretty the first time I hit it. Yeah, it will be hard to get off if he doesn’t have a fast metabolism. Gaining that much in that short a time frame is also not a good idea. That is why his body is reacting that way.

This is only a good idea if you know you have a fast metabolism and can already get away with food most can’t.

I could see if he was going to make use of this “bulk” and try to gain more muscle, but doing this AND quitting the gym is just bad all around. It will be way harder to lose as a result seeing as he spent his whole life NOT doing this.

Someone who had trained their body to accept massive calories and was using most of those calories for muscle growth would possibly see a way easier time getting back in shape.

Damn… he could have used that extra bodyweight to reach some impressive lifts, and thus have something to show for it when he dieted down again. Look at Meganewb.

He would still have gotten the “fat experience.” lol

Idiot.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Someone posted a story exactly like this a long time ago. After the PT gained a fuck load of weight, he was stuck with a lot of it and felt awful.[/quote]

Was it this guy?

This thread excited me as I thought it’d be some kind of awesome results thread where a big guy got even bigger while still training. Then he cut down from like 350 to 290 and was at an unbelievable level of muscle mass at low bf %. Oh well.

Been there, done that. I didn’t get obese at 20% body fat, but it’s a hell of a lot easier to lose than to gain. At least for me, I just naturally eat a set amount of food which seems to be around 2200-2500 cals/day and that keeps me around the 160 range.

Retarded in the whole premise. Along with the BF gain, he is not going to suddenly develop all the emotional shit that fat people suppress by eating tons of Burger King. If anything, this will probably backfire when he drops fat in weeks and none of the people watching his progress can match it. Nothing about what he is doing is going to make him self-conscious to the point he fears to go in a gym, like most obese people. Idiotic self promotion and has nothing to do with empathizing with the plight of fat peoples.

[quote]biglifter wrote:
Retarded in the whole premise. Along with the BF gain, he is not going to suddenly develop all the emotional shit that fat people suppress by eating tons of Burger King. If anything, this will probably backfire when he drops fat in weeks and none of the people watching his progress can match it. Nothing about what he is doing is going to make him self-conscious to the point he fears to go in a gym, like most obese people. Idiotic self promotion and has nothing to do with empathizing with the plight of fat peoples.[/quote]

damn good point

Yeah this guy is an idiot

Maybe hel be like Ben Stiller in Dodgeball

he probably ate frozen pizzas everyday :wink:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
he probably ate frozen pizzas everyday :wink: [/quote]

Loooooooool well played

I’ve heard of an actor who had to gain fat for a certain role take ice cream, melt it down, then drink it all.

why is he stopping training? why not just eat really bad and still lift?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
why is he stopping training? why not just eat really bad and still lift?[/quote]

to get the full effect of what most americans do?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
why is he stopping training? why not just eat really bad and still lift?[/quote]

to get the full effect of what most americans do?[/quote]

yea I get that.

But, he could lift, get fat while lifting, lose weight and be a monster…and profit from that.

I didnt read anything in this thread but the title and a post that said no lifting for 6 months though…