Psychiatry and Dissent

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/archives/6577

While our broadcast was playing on Jasonâ??s computer, he received another telephone call from a â??restrictedâ?? number. It was â??officer Steveâ?? again, although this time he was calling from the front porch of Mr. Egroffâ??s house. The officer reintroduced himself, and asked Jason to turn on the porch light and step outside as he wanted to speak to him. Knowing that he had done nothing wrong, Jason complied with the officerâ??s request. As he stepped onto the porch, â??officer Steveâ?? was there to meet him, accompanied by another law enforcement officer.

Additionally, Jasonâ??s friend knew that he owns a couple of guns, none that are of much monetary value or the type people intent on doing harm would possess. Despite this, his friend expressed concern that Jason could possibly use the weapons in some nefarious manner. Based on Jasonâ??s own admission, he rarely uses the guns to target practice and has little attachment to them. During my interview with Jason, he said that he did not care if he had a gun or not, they are simply not that important to him.

â??You need to come with usâ??

The officer told Jason that he had to go with them based on a mental health complaint that originated solely from his friend, the physical therapist assistant in New York, who claimed that he was worried for Jasonâ??s safety. At this point, Jason was under the control of the officers, and was not permitted to be alone as he entered his house to shut things down for the trip he was about to take.

The officers took Jason to the local hospital psychiatric ward for â??evaluation.â?? For the next 18 hours, he was subjected to some of the most humiliating searches, probes, and questions by hospital personnel. Questions included those specific to his religious faith and what he thought about the government and Obama. Questions that were structured in such a manner that regardless of the answer, they would result in portraying him as a dangerous, gun-owning Christian zealot. All as a result of Jason expressing his non-violent, well reasoned, and articulate views on our show as well as his own. All ostensibly from the concern of one â??friendâ?? from another state and well over 100 miles away.

The former Marine who was detained in connection with Facebook posts critical of the government is being held in a psychiatric ward, Peter Bacqué of the Richmond Times-Dispatch reports.

“I’m currently in John Randolph in the psychiatric ward being held against my will,” Brandon Raub, 26, said in a telephone interview with the Times-Dispatch. “They were concerned about me calling for the arrest of government officials.”

When asked about why Raub was placed in a psychiatric ward, FBI Richmond spokeswoman told us that the FBI “had nothing to do with that” and that the FBI typically doesn’t “make determinations such as that.”

“We went out to interview him because of complaints that our office had received about people coming across his posts and perceiving them as threatening so our office along with Chesterfield County Police Department on Thursday,” Rybiski told us. “When we left we had not arrested him, we had not placed our hands on him, we did not detain him and we did not charge him.”

Read more: Former Marine Brandon Raub Is Being Held in a Psychiatric Ward Over Facebook Posts About 9/11

If this is even half true it shouldn’t surprise anybody.

[quote]orion wrote:
Questions included those specific to his religious faith and what he thought about the government and Obama. Questions that were structured in such a manner that regardless of the answer, they would result in portraying him as a dangerous, gun-owning Christian zealot. [/quote]

Anyone who rejects Obama’s fundamental transformation is mentally ill and belongs in a re-education gulag/nuthouse. Simple as that.

I heard this on NPR a few days ago. It’s a travesty that this can happen in America. I heard some of the facebook posts and they were’t of the “I"m going to kill the President” type. They were “the revolution is coming” type.

You kinda expect this under the Bush administration but not under the Obama one which shows how far off track he’s gotten.

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:
I heard this on NPR a few days ago. It’s a travesty that this can happen in America. I heard some of the facebook posts and they were’t of the “I"m going to kill the President” type.[/quote]Where. Because that is a bit different.
Wait a minute. Were or weren’t of the threatening kind?

I sympathize for the guy and any one this would happen to . I how ever can not believe this has not happened in other Presidents times . I sure it happened in Bush’s ,Clinton’s, Bush’s, and even the Reagan admin.

I would say it was a frame up by some one that knows the system and how to work it.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
…happened in other Presidents times .[/quote]

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

After the Aurora shooting and discovering that the shooter’s therapist(not 100% sure on this) had expressed concerns that he could do something dangerous, there were many people stating that something needs to be done to stop these shootings before they happen. Something does get done preemptively and we suddenly live in a Gestapo state. Unfortunately for the government and law enforcement they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
…happened in other Presidents times .[/quote]

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

[/quote]

Good stuff :slight_smile:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Where. Because that is a bit different.
Wait a minute. Were or weren’t of the threatening kind?
[/quote]

Maybe it wasn’t NPR. But it was a regular news source and they had said some of the comments. I didn’t find them to be threatening really.

james

You missed the “n” in the original post and for some reason I thought you were saying that they WE’RE threatening. In which case it wouldn’t be quite the same. If they weren’t then yes. Witch hunt for sure.
EDIT: Man my typos are gittin bad. Always in a hurry these days.

Ahhh…yeah, I forgot the “n”. They were not threatening.

james