T Nation

Psoas/Groin Injury - Please Help

Hello everyone,

I am a 24 yr old soccer player who has been diagnosed with a psoas injury. It feels as if someone is stabbing me in the stomach when I go to kick or sprint. Obviously this is a problem.

What is the best way to fix this psoas/groin problem? I've been dealing with it off and on for 8 months, maybe longer.

Please help - I want/need to get back to 100% form.

Thanks everyone -it means alot to me

My advice is to find an ART person in your area and get on a prescribed PT regimen as soon as possible. If you have been dealing with this for 8 months, you can expect there to be an extended healing time from the damage done between then and now. Good luck.

I had the same thing as you are describing.
I tried to play through it but it just got worst.
I ended doing nothing for 3 months but it didnt repair.
I got told I had Osteitis Pubis(Tennis elbow of the groin tendon)
I had an operation to cut the adductor tendon to release the tension in the groin muscle- This was causing the pain in the stomach.
All is OK now.

I seriously hope you dont have this problem as it is a total waste sitting around waiting for it to get bettter and on some people in rare cases if untreated it can linger for up to 5 years. This is what the doctors told me anyway

Many on this site recommend ART for most injuries. However, I would find a Muscle Activation Techniques practitioner in your area. MAT is the best tool I have found in over ten years of being a physical therapist. Don't ge me wrong, ART is also effective, but MAT is a better approach in my opinion.