PSA: Lou Schuler Joining T-Nation

He’s listed as a contributor of 5 articles here, none newer than 2006 but…

The author of the blog Male Pattern Fitness, Lou Schuler announced today this:

“Starting July 7, I’ll be editorial director of T-Nation, working with Tim Patterson, TC Luoma, Chris Shugart, and all the terrific contributors there. Most of you reading this know that I’ve done books with Ian King and Chad Waterbury, both of whom were popular T-Nation writers when I first came across their work and got fired up by their unique approaches to strength training. (Another of my coauthors, Alwyn Cosgrove, started writing for T-Nation after he’d already become well-known.)”

as part of a longer post you can see here: http://www.malepatternfitness.com/2008/6/23/556966/transition-game

I haven’t been reading his stuff very long, but he seems like an experience trainer with sound advice. Albeit his tone is a little more mainstream than this place has been IMO. (Nothing wrong with that if the training/diet/recovery advice is good)

Didn’t see anything about it on T-Nation so I thought I’d put the word out.

This is great news…

I’m thinking maybe Tim Patterson and the gang are gonna hate that you spoiled the surprise…

Maybe not, I won’t speak for them.

EDIT: Were there plans for a formal announcement?

Editorial Director?

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
This is great news…

I’m thinking maybe Tim Patterson and the gang are gonna hate that you spoiled the surprise…

EDIT: Were there plans for a formal announcement?[/quote]

…oops. I don’t know, but there had to be someone here who reads Male Pattern Fitness, if they really wanted it to be a big secret, they would’ve told Lou to keep it under wraps wouldn’t they?

And yeah, I’m not too familiar with the structure of publications and their positions, so can anyone shed any light on how an Editorial Director will impact what we know as T-Nation, or Lou Schuler’s involvement in general to anyone who’s been reading his stuff longer than me?

I think this will be good news, Lou’s posted a few times here and seems like a down to earth guy.

Although his writing style is different than TC’s, his knowledge would be of a similar sort. By that I mean both have spend a long time working with great trainers and absorbing the various thoughts/opinions.

Welcome aboard Lou!

Thanks! I look forward to the challenge, and I promise nothing I do will make T-Nation “mainstream.”

Welcome Lou. That’s really great. I train by and really like the NROL. It’s helped me through quite a bit of a training crisis last year. Thanks!

Makkun

[quote]Lou Schuler wrote:
Thanks! I look forward to the challenge, and I promise nothing I do will make T-Nation “mainstream.”[/quote]

I just added you to the T-Cell Alpha. Don’t put anything in Men’s Health that will make me Tribunal you!!!

Thanks Zap! I haven’t had a chance yet to explore the forums here, but it’s nice to know I’m included in this group.

(FYI, I left MH in 2004, and stopped freelancing for magazines entirely a couple years ago. It made my life a lot easier!)

[quote]Asgardian wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:
This is great news…

EDIT: Were there plans for a formal announcement?

…oops. I don’t know, but there had to be someone here who reads Male Pattern Fitness, if they really wanted it to be a big secret, they would’ve told Lou to keep it under wraps wouldn’t they?

And yeah, I’m not too familiar with the structure of publications and their positions, so can anyone shed any light on how an Editorial Director will impact what we know as T-Nation, or Lou Schuler’s involvement in general to anyone who’s been reading his stuff longer than me?[/quote]

Lou is in charge of dusting off Tim Patterson’s Hummel figurines.

Nahh, we’ll all be working together on traditional T-Nation features as well as new T-Nation projects such as books, e-books, video productions, and assorted fun stuff.