PS3 or Wii?

[quote]Kuz wrote:
2) In terms of all the nice doo-dads (HD-DVD or Blu-Ray, etc.) it depends on whether people see it as a true value add for the price. I might look at a movie played on my XBox 360, for instance, and then see one played on the HD-DVD they have out for it now for $150 more and think, “Damn, that barely recognizable shift in picture quality ain’t worth 150 beans.”
[/quote]

The HD-DVD add on is not out yet. There has been no mention of a release date for the states. Its going for $160 in Japan so expect it to drop here for $200.

Call me old fashioned but I still play my original Nintendo just because I liked things better when the controller only had two buttons and couldn’t compensate for shitty gameplay with good graphics.

I’ve watched the promo videos for the Wii and I really like the concept, so I think if the motion sensing/gameplay is as good as they make it look, I’ll probably get one, which will make it the first system I’ve bought in 15 years.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
Call me old fashioned but I still play my original Nintendo just because I liked things better when the controller only had two buttons and couldn’t compensate for shitty gameplay with good graphics.

I’ve watched the promo videos for the Wii and I really like the concept, so I think if the motion sensing/gameplay is as good as they make it look, I’ll probably get one, which will make it the first system I’ve bought in 15 years.[/quote]

Jared, you’ll be able to download Nintendo’s entire library of NES, SNES and Nintendo 64 games. Of course there will be a fee but thats a major selling point for me.

It depends on what you expect to get out of your system, the new Wii is more about having people over to play games and playing a ton of old-school games. The PS3 is more of an entertainment center and I guess it will be quite powerful. I have a xbox 360 and I like it but I will still be picking up a Wii because of the social aspect.

so whens the supposed release date?

[quote]Easy E wrote:
so whens the supposed release date?[/quote]

Of what?

just to give all you 360 owners a heads up in case you didnt see…

[quote]Revo09 wrote:

Microsoft offering free repairs for all 2005 Xbox 360s | Engadget [/quote]

That’s what happens when you rush a product to market for no other reason than to beat your main competition.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Revo09 wrote:

That’s what happens when you rush a product to market for no other reason than to beat your main competition.[/quote]

Cant argue with that… but the 360 is a lot of fun…

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Easy E wrote:

Of what?[/quote]

ps3

[quote]Easy E wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Easy E wrote:

Of what?

ps3[/quote]

Mid November. If you didnt pre-purchase one you wont get it. VERY slim quantities. You can also purchase one of my 5 off Ebay! :slight_smile:

It will be funner to say you are playing the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! than ps3.

[quote]doogie wrote:
It will be funner to say you are playing the WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! than ps3.[/quote]

Bullshit. Just saying, “PS3” gets me all excited.

PS3. I have invested too much into the various Playstation game series to not play the sequels, which will surely be more stunning that those that came before.

[quote]Nate_0_raid wrote:
And GTA will have extra content on the 360.[/quote]

Why would they exclude extra content for the PS3?

Nate_0_raid wrote:
And GTA will have extra content on the 360.

Why would they exclude extra content for the PS3?[/quote]

They signed a contract with MS to produce episodic content for the 360.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Nate_0_raid wrote:

They signed a contract with MS to produce episodic content for the 360.[/quote]

Those bitches.

That’s it, I’m playing GTA all weekend…and putting gun shot in every guy in a suit on sight.

PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Nate_0_raid wrote:

Those bitches.

That’s it, I’m playing GTA all weekend…and putting gun shot in every guy in a suit on sight.[/quote]

Typical black guy.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Nate_0_raid wrote:

Those bitches.

That’s it, I’m playing GTA all weekend…and putting gun shot in every guy in a suit on sight.

Typical black guy.[/quote]

Don’t you have some balls to soak and knock around? We all know what YOU do on the weekends.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Nate_0_raid wrote:

They signed a contract with MS to produce episodic content for the 360.[/quote]

Who cares? MS still has to beat out the sales that the Final fantasy fanboys, the Tekken freaks, the God of War worshippers(such as myself)AND Devil May Cry fans will produce. MS has no properties that produce anywhere near that much fanboyism, save Halo, and maybe a couple others. X-Box has not really brought much to the table in terms of blockbusters. If not for Halo, it would have sunk faster than the Jaguar.