PS2 Repair

Tried to fix my PS2 using repair guides I found online and now it won’t turn on.
Local repair shop can’t figure out the problem…

I’m not complaining, but I would like it fixed. There are dozens of companies on the web you can ship the system to in order to repair it.

Can anybody recommend one?

I know the new ones cost 129, and I can probably get a used one with 10 games on craigslist for about that price.

Still, I would appreciate input on any positive experiences you’ve had with a PS2 repair website.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Tried to fix my PS2 using repair guides I found online and now it won’t turn on.
Local repair shop can’t figure out the problem.

I’m not complaining, but I would like it fixed. There are dozens of companies on the web you can ship the system to in order to repair it.

I know the new ones cost 129, and I can probably get a used one with 10 games on craigslist for about that price.

Still, I would appreciate input on any positive experiences you’ve had with a PS2 repair website.[/quote]

Thrash it and get a new one. It will cost you at least $50 to repair, if it can be repaired, plus shipping to and fro. Get a used one at EBgames, etc. with a warranty and you’ll be good to go for around $100.

Send it to the guy at smashmyps3.com

I’ve been fortunate enough to have an early generation PS2 that hasn’t failed me yet. If you could actually get one, this would be a nice incentive to buy a PS3.

That sucks. I used one of the repair guides also and it works perfectly now. I don’t know why it won’t even power on. Even if you screwed up the laser adjustment, it would turn on and the screen would display “no data” or something similar.

I would check every step you made. Look for loose connections you may have broken, etc.

By the way, on mine, 2 “clicks” of the white wheel fixed the laser adjustment, which is a lot less than the guide told me to try.

Good luck

Jeff

I second this. Just get a new or used one. If it won’t turn on then not to many people can fix it. The only time they can really get it back together is when it won’t read discs. So basically your fuct, and I should know, I’m a PS2 surgeon. I fixed my own and my buddies until they eventually died because they wouldn’t turn on. Save yourself the hassle of shipping and over priced costs.

Go to wal mart by the way. Buy the PS2 and tape the receipt on the bottom. When it breaks take it back for a new one. My buddy returned a treadmill that he used for a year ad then left sitting for 2 years. All his cash back. Walmart is retarded at making customer service policy. have fun.

-chris

[quote]PGA wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Local repair shop can’t figure out the problem.

Still, I would appreciate input on any positive experiences you’ve had with a PS2 repair website.

Thrash it and get a new one. It will cost you at least $50 to repair, if it can be repaired, plus shipping to and fro. Get a used one at EBgames, etc. with a warranty and you’ll be good to go for around $100.[/quote]

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Send it to the guy at smashmyps3.com

I’ve been fortunate enough to have an early generation PS2 that hasn’t failed me yet. If you could actually get one, this would be a nice incentive to buy a PS3. [/quote]

eeeeeeeee! I’d wait on the PS3. so far it’s 40% faulty rate.

give it a year. then you can use the Walmart trick and they will have one in store to replace it with. You can do it for games too.

-chris

Again, it’s not like you could get one (for a reasonable price). Basically I’m saying it’s a shame the PS2 couldn’t wait a bit longer to break. Consoles are probably the worst electronics as far as bugginess in the first generation.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Again, it’s not like you could get one (for a reasonable price). Basically I’m saying it’s a shame the PS2 couldn’t wait a bit longer to break. Consoles are probably the worst electronics as far as bugginess in the first generation. [/quote]

fer real. I bought a 1st gen PS2 and that is how I became a master PS2 surgeon, a dubious honor at best.

Maybe it’s a sign that he needs to game less and squat more? from the iron gods mayhap? maybe?

ok fine, buy a new one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-chris

Thanks for the responses. For now, the PS2 repair is going to have to wait b/c I just bought a 42" HD LCD, and I may need to buy some cables and such. In fact, I’m about to write a post about it.

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
wfifer wrote:
Again, it’s not like you could get one (for a reasonable price). Basically I’m saying it’s a shame the PS2 couldn’t wait a bit longer to break. Consoles are probably the worst electronics as far as bugginess in the first generation.

fer real. I bought a 1st gen PS2 and that is how I became a master PS2 surgeon, a dubious honor at best.

Maybe it’s a sign that he needs to game less and squat more? from the iron gods mayhap? maybe?

ok fine, buy a new one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-chris[/quote]