PRP Injection

Thought this was interesting it goes through the whole process before injections. It seems you could freeze the PRP, it would be cool to have a ready stash.

I saw a mention of using PRP on a the skin, is there any products one can use to better aid healing of skin after some type of resurfacing be it laser, dermabrasion or dermaroller?? I have read of GH cream being used on burn victims. I have looked into PRP but it seems no one is using it on the skin, only injections.

Hey Jelena, how did the prolo work for you? If it didn’t how did the PRP work for you? I am facing the same thing for a tear in my quad.

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:
Hey Jelena, how did the prolo work for you? If it didn’t how did the PRP work for you? I am facing the same thing for a tear in my quad.[/quote]

I can’t tell yet, I had it done 2 weeks ago and Dr says it takes 4-6 weeks before I start feeling better.
Right after the injection I was sore for 2 days and I took off from cardio 4 days, and 2 weeks from doing legs. Now I can do legs but not straight leg deadlifts
I’ll keep you updated. I really hope it works since I’m invited to compete at the Arnold I really wanna train to my max

[quote]Jelena Abbou wrote:

[quote]dumbbellhead wrote:
Hey Jelena, how did the prolo work for you? If it didn’t how did the PRP work for you? I am facing the same thing for a tear in my quad.[/quote]

I can’t tell yet, I had it done 2 weeks ago and Dr says it takes 4-6 weeks before I start feeling better.
Right after the injection I was sore for 2 days and I took off from cardio 4 days, and 2 weeks from doing legs. Now I can do legs but not straight leg deadlifts
I’ll keep you updated. I really hope it works since I’m invited to compete at the Arnold I really wanna train to my max[/quote]

Congratulations on the Arnold! Updates would be greatly appreciated. I get my MRI on Wed. to find out if PRP is possible or if surgery is necessary.

I feel better from prolo. I’ve started neuro muscular massage to and lady that does it says that my hamstrings are very tight and that’s what probably caused my injury

Tight hamstrings can be developed from APT. Just be sure you fix the tilt as well or all the massaging and mobility work won’t help.

Jelena,

Wanted to know how you are doing. I feel that I may have a similar injury. Did the PRP injections work?

I have had 4 prp injections with varying levels of success. One in the medial epycondyle of my elbow (golfers elbow) and a total of three in both my quadriceps tendons.

I will explain how the Dr done this each time.

1.Draw approx 20ml blood
2.Separate blood into 2 vacuum tubes then weigh to the milligram
3.fill another 2 vacuum tubes with water to the exact same weight of the blood vials (to balance the centrifuge).
4.spin for 15 minutes
5.draw the prp from the separated blood, this is the straw colored fluid that sits just above the red cells. From 20mls of blood you should get about 2ml of this fluid. You will often draw up some red cells in the process, this should be avoided but has no adverse effects.
6.Locate the damaged area of tendon. This is the most important step, and i believe this is the reason why some of the injections worked while some didn’t. Ideally this should be done under ultra-sound to find the exact spot.
7.Inject…word of warning these injections are FUCKING painful, worst i have ever had. The 1st injection i had was done under local so that was a breeze, when this was ineffective the Dr suggested that the local may have diluted the prp so the next 3 were done raw. The last 2 i had both knees done at the same time and honestly i could not walk properly for 2-3 days.

I will be getting another injection under ultra-sound in a week or so on my elbow which never really gained any recovery from the 1st injection. My hope is that as it was not done under ultra-sound that the Dr. simply missed the damaged area. Time will tell

Yes sorry I haven’t been here in ages
No not ignoring you. I’m working on it.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]mch60360 wrote:
Tight hamstrings can be developed from APT. Just be sure you fix the tilt as well or all the massaging and mobility work won’t help. [/quote]

I tried telling her to fix the APT, but I got the feeling that she ignored me and would rather pay for experts to work on her without fixing the obvious issues herself.

Mind you, I can’t say I blame her too much. After all the industry likes a hyperlordosis on a female model, since it shows off the ass.

BBB[/quote]

last journals I read on PRP showed that for muscular and tendinous structures PRP was no better than placebo. It did show some minor advantage for bone healing when incorporated in bone graft. If it were me, I would not want PRP though.

BBB- centrifuge idea doesn’t work because PRP needs the thrombin to “activate” the growth factors. Or at least that is the current dogma. Personally I would rather get growth factors derived from other things.

Hmmm, I guess it depends on which literature you read. I kind of quit looking at it after I decided the PRP reps were full of it. Their literature was definately biased too.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Sorry for minor hijack, but since you can’t be reached by PM, BBB: care to point me in the right direction for fixing APT?

[/quote]
O Jesu! Right, well I suggest you look for ‘blasting lordosis and tilt’ or similar on this site. SHould be in CTs forum.

BBB[/quote]

La ringrazio per il tuo interessamento!
[/quote]

Cazzo !!! Un altro Italiano !!!

Jelena, I hope you are doing better.