T Nation

Prowler vs. Normal Sled

I have enough money to get a Prowler instead of a regular sled, but is it really worth the extra cash. I’m specifically trying to get faster and more explosive.
Thanks.

[quote]bball-muscle wrote:
I have enough money to get a Prowler instead of a regular sled, but is it really worth the extra cash. I’m specifically trying to get faster and more explosive.
Thanks.[/quote]

In my opinion, pushing a sled is much more effective than pulling one.

Prowler is awesome. but with the sled you seem to have more options. I think it depends on what your goals are. Me- i would get the econo prowler and save a little more and get a sled

I would get the econo prowler and make my own sled. I’ve seen them made from a wheel barrow and an eye bolt - simple, effective, and cheap. You’re most likely not skilled enough to make your own prowler.

After reading your info, I searched for the Econo Prowler, and to my surprise it was HALF the cost the standard Prowler. I just ordered it without thinking twice. Thanks

I use to pull a tire & add weight inside for more resistance and it worked great. How does this compare to the prowler? The Prowler you push AND you can attach rope & perform a pull. Is it worth the cash? Oh, I was thinking of getting the less expensive Prowler? The econo I believe it’s called?

Instructions to make one type of sled…
http://www.straighttothebar.com/2008/10/the_sled.html

prowler all the way!

[quote]Joebus wrote:
Prowler is awesome. but with the sled you seem to have more options. I think it depends on what your goals are. Me- i would get the econo prowler and save a little more and get a sled[/quote]

U can pull the Prowler like a sled??

You can pull a prowler like a sled.

Here is one I had made. Cheap $$$.

[quote]xmarkswtx wrote:
Here is one I had made. Cheap $$$.
[/quote]

Damn, good job man. I could never put something together like that, good work.

Now vomit more and it will be just like a real one…

I just ordered mine yesterday