Prowler vs. Complexes

CT - I’m hoping to use this weekend as “free” training sessions to work on my olympic lifts/complexes as my joints, particularly, elbow are shot. Could you suggest some nice complexes/skill work that’d set me up nicely for your strength/complex training style? I’d be looking for something lower rep rather than metcon as they’re more enjoyable and better for muscle gain in my opinion…
Many thanks

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
CT - I’m hoping to use this weekend as “free” training sessions to work on my olympic lifts/complexes as my joints, particularly, elbow are shot. Could you suggest some nice complexes/skill work that’d set me up nicely for your strength/complex training style? I’d be looking for something lower rep rather than metcon as they’re more enjoyable and better for muscle gain in my opinion…
Many thanks [/quote]

Hard to say without seeing you lift and knowing your skill level on the olympic lifts.

A good one is:

• 2-3 power cleans from the hang
  • 2-3 front squats
  • 2-3 push/power jerks

Another one is:

• 2-3 front squats
  • 2-3 clean low pulls from the floor

A snatch one:

• 2-3 power snatches from the hang
  • 2-3 overhead squats (as low as you can with your current mobility)
  • 2-3 snatch-grip low pulls from the floor

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Many thanks [/quote]

Hard to say without seeing you lift and knowing your skill level on the olympic lifts.

A good one is:

• 2-3 front squats
  • 2-3 push/power jerks

Another one is:

• 2-3 front squats
  • 2-3 clean low pulls from the floor

A snatch one:

• 2-3 power snatches from the hang
  • 2-3 overhead squats (as low as you can with your current mobility)
  • 2-3 snatch-grip low pulls from the floor

[/quote]
Thanks CT I will work on those. I actually can’t catch the clean at all (bar just sits on top of elbow instaed of front deltoid/shelf) so probably have to start with flexibility…