Prowler Technique?

So today I did bit of a deload and I pushed the prowler with 25% of my usual weight.

I concentrated on making long marching strides and landed my foot flat on the ground with every stride. This really felt good on my ankles, as I have a dorsiflexion issue with one of my feet. Gave it a good stretch and got the blood pumping through my sore and overworked legs.

Anyway, it got me thinking, is this how I am meant to push the prowler normally?
When I usually push the prowler, I push it as hard and fast as I can and usually remain on the balls of my feet. Should i be landing my strides with a flat foot on the ground?

tweet

Pretty much the whole point of the prowler is that it’s low technique/high effort. There’s no real “right” way to push it: just make sure you get to the point where you hate your life and don’t think you can do any more. Then do 1 more round.

4 Likes

@T3hPwnisher: Thanks mate. Thats how I usually use the prowler.

Today was the first time I used it for deload/recovery purposes, and I was amazed. My ankles, knees, hips and whole body in general felt like a million bucks afterwards.

tweet

Depends why you’re pushing the prowler. If it’s for deload purposes, sounds like that works fine.

If it’s for conditioning, this

Would be the biggest indicator that I hadn’t used it properly, because I feel like I’m going to throw up, suffocate, and maybe cry a little after sets of prowler sprints.

1 Like