Prowler or Sled?

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
I’ve used both in gyms and if I had to chose I’d go for the Prowler. However, I train at home and wanted to incorporate this type of training. The Prowler wasn’t really viable so I rigged up a tyre sled, as I have grassland right outside the back of the house and use it on there. The only expense here was the suspension trainer (to pull it) and the eye bolt/nut (to connect it to the suspension trainer). I use KBs/DBs for load. The backward drags are awesome workouts. It’s also good for eccentric-less training (row, push, pull-through, etc).

As a bonus, which you don’t get with the Prowler, it is an excellent tool for heavy carries. Jamming the weights inside the rim makes the walk to and from the park an excellent suitcase carry. Obviously if you have a pair you can double up for farmer’s walks. I have found them much more comfortable to carry than other implements, as long as I’m wearing gloves. And, for some strange reason, I seem to get greater DOMs from a tyre carry than a KB carry, even when the load is similar. Win, win…[/quote]

If you live in in area where it snows, every Home Depot, Lowes, etc sells sand tubes to throw in the pick up truck to help traction. Usually 70 pounds and $3 each, cheapest weight you can find.