T Nation

Prowler Conditioning Test

I read either here or on Jim’s forum where Jim said that being able to complete 10 40 yard prowler pushes at a person’s body weight in 15 minutes or less is a good baseline for conditioning. This may be stupid question but for calculating the body weight does anyone know if you include the weight of the prowler (65lb) or is it just the weight added to the prowler (i.e. 4 plates if your 180lbs).

Thanks for the responses in advance.

[quote]bsvidal wrote:
I read either here or on Jim’s forum where Jim said that being able to complete 10 40 yard prowler pushes at a person’s body weight in 15 minutes or less is a good baseline for conditioning. This may be stupid question but for calculating the body weight does anyone know if you include the weight of the prowler (65lb) or is it just the weight added to the prowler (i.e. 4 plates if your 180lbs).

Thanks for the responses in advance.[/quote]

It includes the Prowler - remember that Prowler recommendations vary greatly with the surface you push on. My street that I use to do all these tests, etc. hasn’t been paved in over 15 years. So it sucks. A newly paved street will be much different.

Also, the recommendation is a TEST. We NEVER test as part of training. Training helps you prepare for the test. So test after going through a 6 week cycle of Prowler work. Hope that makes sense.