T Nation

Prowler and Glutes

I have started doing the prowler again and I have focused on your style CT which is focusing on each stride and striking with the full foot. I have noticed greater glute medius and glute maximus contraction much more than activation exercises such as glute bridges and clamshells.

CT have you ever used the prowler to fix hip and gluteal dysfunctions in lifters? I know you have used it for VMO deficiencies. The prowler push works the hip musculature like nothing else I have seen.

I am starting to thinking physical therapists need to spend time with strength and conditioning coaches.

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:
I have started doing the prowler again and I have focused on your style CT which is focusing on each stride and striking with the full foot. I have noticed greater glute medius and glute maximus contraction much more than activation exercises such as glute bridges and clamshells.

CT have you ever used the prowler to fix hip and gluteal dysfunctions in lifters? I know you have used it for VMO deficiencies. The prowler push works the hip musculature like nothing else I have seen.

I am starting to thinking physical therapists need to spend time with strength and conditioning coaches. [/quote]

I’m actually doing this with a figure girl I’m training to improve her glutes for her next comp

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]nickj_777 wrote:

I am starting to thinking physical therapists need to spend time with strength and conditioning coaches. [/quote]

I’m actually doing this with a figure girl I’m training to improve her glutes for her next comp
[/quote]

CT, could you describe how to use the prowler for max glute activation?

I have been using heavy barbell glute bridges with most of the girls I train -good results!- but am very keen to know how to best throw the prowler in there to get the best results. Cheers