Provoking Thought

[quote]stokedporcupine8 wrote:
nik133 wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
nik133 wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
nik133 wrote:

Also just wondering what would you guys suggest to make this article better?

Delete it.

LMAO, other then that.

Ok. Learn to write…

I’m serious though. Your OP was almost impossible to make sense of. You never anywhere state a specific thesis you will argue–and “Obama is the newest pawn of the Illuminati” doesn’t seem like it will count as a defensible thesis, if nothing else because it’s a far to grand claim. Next, once you have a defensible thesis, you will want to some sort of nonfallacious argument for it. This will involve more then merely listing a bunch of facts. Your argument should both provide reliable sources for the facts (not youtube or wikipedia or www.conspiracytheories.com) and should show how your list of facts come together to support your thesis. Finally, make sure you check your grammar, spelling, typesetting, etc. are correct, and for everyone’s sake read up on informal fallacies and make sure you aren’t committing any of them.

EDIT: On second thought, just delete.

At first I was mad when you wrote this, but then I realized that it was very helpful. I am all over the place with this and I might as well thrown out that there are aliens on Mars theory while I was throwing out all these other theories out there, I will attempt to stick to one topic and let my facts tie into my discussion instead of just throwing them out there. I will attempt to re write all three of the topics which I touch as 3 different essays. Thanks again for the help guys!

Nik

I preemptively apologize to the rest of the forum. [/quote]

I wish I was cool enough to tear people down on the internet, unfortunatley I can only strive to achieve your Ebadassness one day!

[quote]nik133 wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
nik133 wrote:
stokedporcupine8 wrote:
nik133 wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
nik133 wrote:

Also just wondering what would you guys suggest to make this article better?

Delete it.

LMAO, other then that.

Ok. Learn to write…

I’m serious though. Your OP was almost impossible to make sense of. You never anywhere state a specific thesis you will argue–and “Obama is the newest pawn of the Illuminati” doesn’t seem like it will count as a defensible thesis, if nothing else because it’s a far to grand claim. Next, once you have a defensible thesis, you will want to some sort of nonfallacious argument for it. This will involve more then merely listing a bunch of facts. Your argument should both provide reliable sources for the facts (not youtube or wikipedia or www.conspiracytheories.com) and should show how your list of facts come together to support your thesis. Finally, make sure you check your grammar, spelling, typesetting, etc. are correct, and for everyone’s sake read up on informal fallacies and make sure you aren’t committing any of them.

EDIT: On second thought, just delete.

At first I was mad when you wrote this, but then I realized that it was very helpful. I am all over the place with this and I might as well thrown out that there are aliens on Mars theory while I was throwing out all these other theories out there, I will attempt to stick to one topic and let my facts tie into my discussion instead of just throwing them out there. I will attempt to re write all three of the topics which I touch as 3 different essays. Thanks again for the help guys!

Nik

I preemptively apologize to the rest of the forum.

I wish I was cool enough to tear people down on the internet, unfortunatley I can only strive to achieve your Ebadassness one day![/quote]

It was an only half ill-willed joke. Besides, I actually did give you some constructive advice, unlike anyone else here. Now laugh a little at yourself and do something constructive.