T Nation

Proviron to Prevent Gyno?

After researching online and reading the stickies on this site I’m a little confused as to how effective Proviron is in preventing gyno. For instance in the Steroid Newbie Thread it states:

"Weeks 1-8: 500mg Test/week
Weeks 1-8: 400mg Equipoise/week
Weeks 1-4: 30mg Dianabol Every Day

Make sure you have arimidex or proviron on hand during the cycle, and nolvadex and/or clomid for post-cycle."

However in the gyno thread there is no mention of Proviron being an effective substitute for an AI.

A friend has assured me that proviron will prevent gyno yet many people claim that it would be unwise to rely on it and that you should get a proper AI such as Adex or Aromasin.

There is conflicting information online for example an article written by Bill Roberts stating that there is a misconception that Proviron is effective and other articles claiming that it’s the preferred choice.

Can you generally depend on Proviron to prevent gyno related issues or is it used more for libido?

I don’t think you will EVER see proviron recommended as a drug to prevent gyno.

So it seems.
It’s just strange that a juice veteran recommended it to me and it is also included in the “recommended first cycle” on this site in the steroid newbie thread lol.

[quote]McMuscles wrote:
So it seems.
It’s just strange that a juice veteran recommended it to me and it is also included in the “recommended first cycle” on this site in the steroid newbie thread lol. [/quote]

Well, it’s right at the bottom of the optional ancilliaries, and it says nothing about using it to prevent gyno. Masteron would be a better choice of compound anyway.

Agreed. Proviron has mild anti estrogenic properties but no it should not be relied upon as the sole counter measure. There is nothing wrong with having it in there for other reason like libido as mentioned above. Masteron is better than proviron as RG said and its even stronger as an pseduo-AI but even it is not replacement for a genuine product like anastrozole

Most steroid books, in my opinion, are mostly plagiarized from other steroid books, which in turn were written by drug dealers or other persons with no particular in-depth knowledge, but only knowledge of what was widely being done and some very cursory application, or usually misapplication, of Pubmed abstracts.

So yes, back in the 80s Proviron was widely used as an anti-gyno agent.

Repeated generations of copying previous authors leave it still being recommended for that purpose.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Most steroid books, in my opinion, are mostly plagiarized from other steroid books, which in turn were written by drug dealers or other persons with no particular in-depth knowledge, but only knowledge of what was widely being done and some very cursory application, or usually misapplication, of Pubmed abstracts.

So yes, back in the 80s Proviron was widely used as an anti-gyno agent.

Repeated generations of copying previous authors leave it still being recommended for that purpose.
[/quote]

Ok, that does make a lot of sense as the more I researched the more I stumbled upon the same old articles even though they were on completely different websites.

Thanks for you input guys.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Most steroid books, in my opinion, are mostly plagiarized from other steroid books, which in turn were written by drug dealers or other persons with no particular in-depth knowledge, but only knowledge of what was widely being done and some very cursory application, or usually misapplication, of Pubmed abstracts.

So yes, back in the 80s Proviron was widely used as an anti-gyno agent.

Repeated generations of copying previous authors leave it still being recommended for that purpose.
[/quote]
Great insight bill and yes outside of the stuff you got at meso most “profiles” read exactly like copy and paste’s of each other

AM CONFUSED AM TAKING 25MG X2 A DAY HELP???

[quote]SUPERMAN786 wrote:
AM CONFUSED AM TAKING 25MG X2 A DAY HELP???[/quote]

WTF is this shit ^

Stop posting like a fucking child.

Speak like an adult with a fully functioning brain or go away

MD came out with an article about Proviron and its positive effects to combat gyno. Many people have tried to use Proviron for this reason and have failed. End result-- An AI such as Armidex is a thousand times more successful than Proviron in combating GYNO.