Proviron to Lower Extremely High SHBG?

Hi everybody, I need some help. Im 44 tt=741, ft=67(35-155) due to shbg=91. So far Ive tested for thyroid, liver and everything is normal. Im not on trt or anything, not even supplements. I probably dont have to tell u what doctors say: “everything is normal”; but I feel like crap, this situation been going for 4 years with no success trying to lower shbg no matter what I do. I hate to resource on meds since I used to work in a pharmaceutical comp. and know how nasty they could b for ur health, but since proviron is my only choice, since is the list toxic for liver. I would greatly appriciate any help.

I’m doing Proviron 50ED with my test. Did you ever try Proviron?

How are things going with the Proviron? Noticed any improvements ED wise?

I start tomorrow. What about you?. What is your current protocol?.

I am actually starting this week as well, I am in a similar situation to yourself due to varicocele which caused extreme libido issues for me. I am currently on 13mg of Test Cyp and 100 IU of HCG daily. Much like yourself, I got all the benefits minus the libido stuff…

Good luck. Let’s see if it works

Are you taking AI?. What are your numbers with your protocol?. You are on a really low dose of Testosterone

Proviron helped me with erections, did Proviron help you?. What is your current protocol, is it helping?

It did not, not noticeably anyway. I believe my situation is rooted in adrenals/thyroid that need be addressed first.

A few articles point towards varicocele raising cortisol (and aldosterone) to super high levels resulting in issues. By proxy, high cortisol will lower thyroid hormone production/conversion and result in symptoms. I need to look into this first, to really get better I think

But you did removed the varicocele right?

Yeah, but I still have a small one and the damage was done by the time it was fixed.

Here is the article for reference:

“The results of adrenal functional studies demonstrate a significant tendency to adrenal hypersynthesis of aldosterone and cortisol in patients with varicocele.”

This is what happened to me…

Good to know, I won’t fix mine then

How is treatment going for yourself? you manage to your libido back?

I took for one month 50mg Proviron ED and 50mg test EOD, my erections were better, but because I was running out of Proviron I took 25mg Proviron ED, then my erections got worst. After two weeks just taking 50mg test EOD and Proviron 25mg ED my bloodwork show my E2 worst than ever at 59!!!. I can’t take 50mg Proviron ED forever, so I add Anastrazole 0.25mg twice a week and now I have insomnia. I will reduce my test dose instead of using Anastrazole. I’m thinking adding HCG in my protocol. TRT is a fucking nightmare. My provider refused to lower my dose and insisted with Anastrazole

TRT is working with everything except with erections, I will try Trimix, I have an appointment with the doctor today. My erections were actually better before TRT

Proviron is a weak anabolic steroid and because of this I seriously doubt it will give you the results you seek.

I think me and you are in the same situation - the problem is not purely testosterone but also thyroid and adrenals.

I am going to assume because cortisol is “ramped” up this results in subclinical hypothyroidism for a lot of guys with varicocele and testicular abnormalities. This won’t show on labs for a lot of people, because high cortisol levels reduce TSH to avoid getting insanely rt3 levels (my guess).

Thinking about the anatomically, makes more sense. The left testicle is connected directly to the left kidney/adrenal gland, so it makes sense that not only the testicle (testosterone) is impacted but also adrenal hormones like cortisol. I believe this is what causes the high cortisol levels and abnormal aldosterone concentrations.

So how should this be treated? That’s the complex part, because if cortisol can be brought back into balance then thyroid hormone can resume as normal, however that isn’t easy to do naturally if something systematic is going on here.

I do believe adding thyroid hormone is a good move, once rt3 is down via T3 medication. I am going to start a log here soon and that may be of interest to you!

I agree here, the issue is elsewhere and these “exotic” drugs are not the answer.

btw one potential reason your erections were better prior to TRT is because testosterone (TRT) can down regulate further thyroid and make the issues worse for you. I firmly believe both our issues are with thyroid/adrenals due to testicular issues.

Link to a well researched and well written article about rT3.

Interesting also the link between fully depressed TSH due to T3 supplementation and higher risk for all cause mortality.

https://drchristianson.com/whats-the-deal-with-reverse-t3/