T Nation

Proviron Question

Okay, I am narrowing down my options and have pretty well decided the cycle I will do. Real quick again, 31, 200lbs., 5’11", first cycle, looking to keep bloating and acne to a minimum because of my postion in my community.

Week 1-6_____Dianabol____20mg ED
Week 1-12____Test Enan___200mg E3D
Week 1-12____Proviron____50mg ED

Will probably try P22’s test taper.

My questions are first, does this sound like a good first cycle?

Second, Proviron throughout the cycle and nothing else, is this okay? Should I keep something else on hand or should it not matter?

If this is okay, how should I come off the Proviron? Do I taper it with the test?

Also can anyone think of anything I appear to be missing?

Just as a precaution it is not a bad idea to have nolvadex on hand just in case. IMO a better option to proviron would be a low dose of aromasin. If all other aspects of training are on point this should be a very good first cycle.

This does look like a good first cycle. You should have Nolva or similar on hand just in case, it’s just the smart thing to do and it’s cheap anyway. Just taper the test and come off Proviron at the end of the cycle.

2thepain mentioned using Aromasin in place of Proviron. With the low doses of AAS I don’t think an AI is necessary, but do keep a reserve of Nolva. If sides do occur you can take the Nolva, and if necessary continue taking the Nolva until you purchase an AI for the remainder of your cycle.

As said, it likely won’t be necessary. Proviron has good SHBG effects, but I wouldn’t depend on in for anti-e effects.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
This does look like a good first cycle. You should have Nolva or similar on hand just in case, it’s just the smart thing to do and it’s cheap anyway. Just taper the test and come off Proviron at the end of the cycle.

2thepain mentioned using Aromasin in place of Proviron. With the low doses of AAS I don’t think an AI is necessary, but do keep a reserve of Nolva. If sides do occur you can take the Nolva, and if necessary continue taking the Nolva until you purchase an AI for the remainder of your cycle.

As said, it likely won’t be necessary. Proviron has good SHBG effects, but I wouldn’t depend on in for anti-e effects.[/quote]

Thanks both of you guys for the good advice. I’m not sure if I can get ahold of aromasin easily where I am anyway, so maybe I’ll try what Schwarzeneggar suggests. Plus my cycle keeps gettin cheaper.

Just to beat a dead horse, I don’t worry about taking any anti-es at all, but if I start experiencing symptoms, go with Nolva. This includes post cycle and during the taper, right? And that would also mean that I could, in theory, have absolutely no need for any anti-estrogens for the entire time. Is this correct?

And yes, I know, keep stuff on hand no matter what.

Why not just the Test and keep Nolva on hand. That way you would know how your body responds to the T alone. Just my thoughts. Save the D for your second.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Just to beat a dead horse, I don’t worry about taking any anti-es at all, but if I start experiencing symptoms, go with Nolva. This includes post cycle and during the taper, right? And that would also mean that I could, in theory, have absolutely no need for any anti-estrogens for the entire time. Is this correct?

And yes, I know, keep stuff on hand no matter what. [/quote]

Yes, but during the taper you shouldn’t need it.
Yes, in fact with moderate doses I rarely need any kind of anti-e start to finish.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:

As said, it likely won’t be necessary. Proviron has good SHBG effects, but I wouldn’t depend on in for anti-e effects.[/quote]

Agreed, at this low dose of test an AI is probably not going to be needed, unless the OP is prone to gyno. I’ve always kept a stash of nolv on hand before starting any AAS cycle.

Hold off on the proviron, i found it hampered my gains…I only use it now for extreme bloating/gyno

[quote]dirty99 wrote:
Hold off on the proviron, i found it hampered my gains…I only use it now for extreme bloating/gyno[/quote]

This seems like a very generalized statement. Why do you think it hampered your gains?

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Okay, I am narrowing down my options and have pretty well decided the cycle I will do. Real quick again, 31, 200lbs., 5’11", first cycle, looking to keep bloating and acne to a minimum because of my postion in my community.

Week 1-6_____Dianabol____20mg ED
Week 1-12____Test Enan___200mg E3D
Week 1-12____Proviron____50mg ED

Will probably try P22’s test taper.

My questions are first, does this sound like a good first cycle?

Second, Proviron throughout the cycle and nothing else, is this okay? Should I keep something else on hand or should it not matter?

If this is okay, how should I come off the Proviron? Do I taper it with the test?

Also can anyone think of anything I appear to be missing?[/quote]

I personally think its a waste to run 20 mgs of Dianabol a day, are you gonna run 5 mgs every 6 hours or 20mgs once a day ?? the 1/2 life is to short to run it once a day.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
dirty99 wrote:
Hold off on the proviron, i found it hampered my gains…I only use it now for extreme bloating/gyno

This seems like a very generalized statement. Why do you think it hampered your gains?[/quote]

I’m curious about this also. I love Proviron!

[quote]SPANISH FLY wrote:

I personally think its a waste to run 20 mgs of Dianabol a day, are you gonna run 5 mgs every 6 hours or 20mgs once a day ?? the 1/2 life is to short to run it once a day. [/quote]

I have run dbol only pre-workout before and have observed increased work capacity and pwo meal nutrient use. I would suggest at least 3x/day (every eight hours) for most applications though.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:

I personally think its a waste to run 20 mgs of Dianabol a day, are you gonna run 5 mgs every 6 hours or 20mgs once a day ?? the 1/2 life is to short to run it once a day.

I have run dbol only pre-workout before and have observed increased work capacity and pwo meal nutrient use. I would suggest at least 3x/day (every eight hours) for most applications though.[/quote]

Most people use it to jump start a cycle, if thats the case 3 or 4 times a day is fine but i think 20 mgs is still not enough. 10 mgs every 8 hours would be better.

[quote]SPANISH FLY wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:

I personally think its a waste to run 20 mgs of Dianabol a day, are you gonna run 5 mgs every 6 hours or 20mgs once a day ?? the 1/2 life is to short to run it once a day.

I have run dbol only pre-workout before and have observed increased work capacity and pwo meal nutrient use. I would suggest at least 3x/day (every eight hours) for most applications though.

Most people use it to jump start a cycle, if thats the case 3 or 4 times a day is fine but i think 20 mgs is still not enough. 10 mgs every 8 hours would be better.[/quote]

To jumpstart a cycle for 3-4 weeks I would agree than minimum 30mg/day is better. Dbol is also really good running it for longer periods of time, like 6-10 weeks, at lower doses (20mg and below).

But yeah, I’d go at least 30 here.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:

I personally think its a waste to run 20 mgs of Dianabol a day, are you gonna run 5 mgs every 6 hours or 20mgs once a day ?? the 1/2 life is to short to run it once a day.

I have run dbol only pre-workout before and have observed increased work capacity and pwo meal nutrient use. I would suggest at least 3x/day (every eight hours) for most applications though.

Most people use it to jump start a cycle, if thats the case 3 or 4 times a day is fine but i think 20 mgs is still not enough. 10 mgs every 8 hours would be better.

To jumpstart a cycle for 3-4 weeks I would agree than minimum 30mg/day is better. Dbol is also really good running it for longer periods of time, like 6-10 weeks, at lower doses (20mg and below).

But yeah, I’d go at least 30 here.[/quote]

I jump started a cycle at 10 mg’s every 6 hours for 4 weeks, after 3 weeks the back pumps were unbearable, never again, i have actully heard of calf pumps !! I’ll stick with injectables like prop, i also get better results.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:

To jumpstart a cycle for 3-4 weeks I would agree than minimum 30mg/day is better. Dbol is also really good running it for longer periods of time, like 6-10 weeks, at lower doses (20mg and below).

But yeah, I’d go at least 30 here.[/quote]

I probably will do that, 3 times a day. The reason I chose 20 is because I had read that for a first timer 20mgs would be enough to realize excellent gains. Dianabol is supercheap anyway and I’ll have plenty. Better to take just a little bit more than just a little bit less, I’ll wager.

Spanish Fly, when you say every six hours, are you including the time that you sleep? Or do you mean about three times a day, generally? Just curious.

Also thanks to everyone for the great advice. I love this board.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
Schwarzenegger wrote:

To jumpstart a cycle for 3-4 weeks I would agree than minimum 30mg/day is better. Dbol is also really good running it for longer periods of time, like 6-10 weeks, at lower doses (20mg and below).

But yeah, I’d go at least 30 here.

I probably will do that, 3 times a day. The reason I chose 20 is because I had read that for a first timer 20mgs would be enough to realize excellent gains. Dianabol is supercheap anyway and I’ll have plenty. Better to take just a little bit more than just a little bit less, I’ll wager.

Spanish Fly, when you say every six hours, are you including the time that you sleep? Or do you mean about three times a day, generally? Just curious.

Also thanks to everyone for the great advice. I love this board.[/quote]

Yes every 6 to 8 hours 24/7 i would keep it next to my bed and of course you know to drink plenty of water, so in the middle of the night when ya gotta piss take it, it dosent have to be an exact time. that also means taking them with you every where you go. Are they 20 mg tabs ??

[quote]SPANISH FLY wrote:

Yes every 6 to 8 hours 24/7 i would keep it next to my bed and of course you know to drink plenty of water, so in the middle of the night when ya gotta piss take it, it dosent have to be an exact time. that also means taking them with you every where you go. Are they 20 mg tabs ??[/quote]

Okay. Understood. They are 5mg to 10mg tabs, depending on which I buy. The 5 mg is cheaper because I can buy in bulk (up to 1000 pills). I don’t really have a problem carrying them with me. They’re legal for personal use where I am.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:

Yes every 6 to 8 hours 24/7 i would keep it next to my bed and of course you know to drink plenty of water, so in the middle of the night when ya gotta piss take it, it dosent have to be an exact time. that also means taking them with you every where you go. Are they 20 mg tabs ??

Okay. Understood. They are 5mg to 10mg tabs, depending on which I buy. The 5 mg is cheaper because I can buy in bulk (up to 1000 pills). I don’t really have a problem carrying them with me. They’re legal for personal use where I am.[/quote]
The higher the mgs the more fakes, nobody wants to make thousands of 5 mgs, its just not worth it.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
SPANISH FLY wrote:

Yes every 6 to 8 hours 24/7 i would keep it next to my bed and of course you know to drink plenty of water, so in the middle of the night when ya gotta piss take it, it dosent have to be an exact time. that also means taking them with you every where you go. Are they 20 mg tabs ??

Okay. Understood. They are 5mg to 10mg tabs, depending on which I buy. The 5 mg is cheaper because I can buy in bulk (up to 1000 pills). I don’t really have a problem carrying them with me. They’re legal for personal use where I am.[/quote]

Lucky bastard!!! :wink: