Proviron Causing Back/Joint Pain?

I started taking Proviron a two weeks ago 50mg per day to prevent gyno (which it didn’t do) I have now upped it to 100mg (also taking 20mg Nolvadex) While I am waiting for my Letrozole to arrive. Anyhow I am getting similar back pain and joint aches that I get when I take Winny! Would that make sense??

I am also gyno sensitive, and have to regularly take 100 proviron and 20 novalodex daily, it keeps the gyno down, and I havent experienced any other side effects…

before blaming the gear for your back pain and joint pain why not look at other factors first. I doubt very much the proviron is the issue.

How’s you posture… lifting technique… nutrition… muscle length tension balance?

[quote]monstercz wrote:
I am also gyno sensitive, and have to regularly take 100 proviron and 20 novalodex daily, it keeps the gyno down, and I havent experienced any other side effects… [/quote]

Thanks Monstercz

[quote]honkie wrote:
before blaming the gear for your back pain and joint pain why not look at other factors first. I doubt very much the proviron is the issue.

How’s you posture… lifting technique… nutrition… muscle length tension balance?[/quote]

Just looking for a possible link as the pain seemed very similar to Winny (which I don’t use anymore for said reason) I have been lifting for 15 years and good technique has always been a priority. Nutrition wise, I eat very clean and take supplements like Flameout, wobenzyme, msm and glucosamine so i doubt it is caused or made worse by my nutrition. Nothing is impossible though and perhaps there are other causes such as sitting down in an office all day etc. Anyhow thanks for the reply.

Maybe the sitting down all day could be adding to the problem.

I have yet to hear proviron causing any problems like this… there is always the first time.

Some good articles here on the posterior chain. Also get your self a foam roller and get into self-myofascial release and see if that help.

High dosage of omega3 could also help.

[quote]honkie wrote:
Maybe the sitting down all day could be adding to the problem.

I have yet to hear proviron causing any problems like this… there is always the first time.

Some good articles here on the posterior chain. Also get your self a foam roller and get into self-myofascial release and see if that help.

High dosage of omega3 could also help.

[/quote]

Thanks for the advice!

If I sit in a chair for longer than an hour my back hurts like a mo-fo and I have to stretch and use the roller for 2 days. 11 Times as much pressure is exerted on the spine when seated as opposed to standing.

Proviron(mesterolone) is very similar to Winstrol(stanozolol) in that they are both derivatives of dehydrotestosterone, and they’re both touted as agents that “harden” or give a “dry” appearance to the physique, which would lead me to assume they may have similar side effects. I’ve had joint problems with Winstrol, Proviron and Masteron. They are all derivatives of DHT, and all work similarly.

[quote]benchaffleck wrote:
Proviron(mesterolone) is very similar to Winstrol(stanozolol) in that they are both derivatives of dehydrotestosterone, and they’re both touted as agents that “harden” or give a “dry” appearance to the physique, which would lead me to assume they may have similar side effects. I’ve had joint problems with Winstrol, Proviron and Masteron. They are all derivatives of DHT, and all work similarly.[/quote]

Thats what I thought! I have now reduced to 50mg proviron and it seems to have improved a little! (Could be unrelated ofcourse) Thanks for commenting

[quote]E-man wrote:
If I sit in a chair for longer than an hour my back hurts like a mo-fo and I have to stretch and use the roller for 2 days. 11 Times as much pressure is exerted on the spine when seated as opposed to standing.[/quote]

damn!

I know this is an old thread but I’ve really been getting serious joint pain. Not saying it’s solely down to Proviron but I started taking it beginning of December and have since been having issues with joints. Firstly knees as I have bad knees anyway but now seems to be all over.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this?
Only taking 25mg a day so would be surprised if it causes such an issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Did you get an answer?

No I didn’t get an answer on here however what I believe happened is that my oestrogen crashed. Proviron can help modulate aromatisation of testosterone so adding that potentially added to the problem for me.

I’ve now added Proviron back in as I believe oestrogen is back in check so will monitor any changes in how I feel with my joints. Hopefully no further issues!

1 Like

How long before you felt the proviron