Proviron and Hairloss Effects

Right now im taking nolva and AI and about to start taking hcg. im about to add proviron to all this but im curious how severe the hairloss side affects may be at a 50mg or 25mg dose.

i have bad luck with hair shedding. would propecia or proscar help if i take at the same time or would the other things im taking counter act in a negative way? any opinions?

1 Like

[quote]fentanyl36 wrote:
Right now im taking nolva and AI and about to start taking hcg. im about to add proviron to all this but im curious how severe the hairloss side affects may be at a 50mg or 25mg dose.

i have bad luck with hair shedding. would propecia or proscar help if i take at the same time or would the other things im taking counter act in a negative way? any opinions?[/quote]

The anti DHT products reduce the production of HDT, but I don’t think that any of them will block the action of any DHT that does exist. Sort of taking AI and taking estrogen at the same time. The AI would block the [some] of your own E production, but would do nothing to stop the effects of the E that you were taking. That is sort of like taking the anti DHT drug and taking DHT [proviron] at the same time.

So the two together would provide some reduction in DHT effects, but the results would be proviron dose dependant. See if smaller doses of proviron will have some of the desire effects. Probably no way that you can eliminate all of the potential risks. Meanwhile, with your depressed hormone state, your DHT has been low as well. Maybe if you are taking proviron in a fashion to replace your lost DHT levels [small doses] then you might not be creating hair loss activity than you would have had before all of this started. That low DHT status will change as the effects of nolvadex and HCG activate LH and your testes directly.

Note that much of the proviron will be taken up by SHBG which leaves less to affect the skin and hair follicles. That leaves more T as FT, once the T comes on line. But then the FT will drive DHT production, which occurs in the skin and hair follicles. But if FT is not abnormally high, then the amount of DHT production that it drives may not be out of line. And your T levels should be [much] out sort of normal range as you are not on gear or doing a normal PCT.

As for how much proviron drives hair loss, others will have to report on that. But note that many folks who could report will have been on gear that has direct DHT effects or converts to DHT. Not many who are not on gear taking proviron who are also susceptible to hair loss.

I searched the WWW for proviron and hair loss and did not find anything other than the general warnings about DHT type gear.

If you’re susceptible to hairloss on gear proviron if anything will aggrevate it. But not everyone is and if you’re not it won’t make that much difference. But, if you are then be warned

any chance that nioxin stuff may work if i used while taking proviron?

[quote]fentanyl36 wrote:
any chance that nioxin stuff may work if i used while taking proviron?[/quote]

Topical spironolactone would be the only thing that might possibly slow or prevent hairloss on proviron, though I woulnd’t count on it. Spironolactone blocks the androgen receptor at the site rather than 5ar conversion process like propecia. I doubt it will make that big of a difference if you’re prone to hair loss though.

[quote]fentanyl36 wrote:
any chance that nioxin stuff may work if i used while taking proviron?[/quote]

Looks remote, does nothing about DHT.

i have someleftover proscarfromawhile ago. wouldthat be a badideato take while on proviron, nolva, AI, and hcg?

Google does not know what proscarfroma is.

You could try a proscar shampoo or Nizoral shampoo.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Google does not know what proscarfroma is.

You could try a proscar shampoo or Nizoral shampoo.[/quote]

There is a shampoo proscar? Interesting. I would’ve thought it might go topical but a shampoo. Doesn’t seem like the proscar would be on long enough to affect anything