Proviron and Blood Test

Hi all,

I have a technical question about having a blood test while on Proviron.

I’ve been on trt for two years, but my doctor recently changed my therapy and put me on Proviron only, 75 mg/ed. Let alone that I have some doubts about proviron only trt, I’d like to do a blood test to check my hormonal values and to see how my endogenous production is after two years of trt. All the blood tests I did so far were done while on trt.

My question is if taking proviron may alter the results and increase the value of the total test. In that case, I would stop taking it for some days before the test.

I expect it will not, since mesterolone is not testosterone. Maybe I could see a higher free test, but not the total one. However, I just want to be sure before taking the test.

Note for others: OP is in Italy. Proviron is not available as a legal drug in USA or Canada.

Should be used with some T.

Doing labs: TT, FT, LH, FSH, fasting cholesterol, CBC, hematocrit.

Can mess with cholesterol.
If you are loosing hair, that will get worse.

“Studies have shown that it’s more than possible to use the Mesterolone hormone without any significant reduction in natural testosterone production. This doesn’t mean it’s not suppressed at all, it simply means it’s minimal and rather inconsequential. A total dosing of 150mg per day or less should not have a notable effect on natural testosterone production.”

The stickies are now below, please note the last paragraph.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Thanks KSman,

Yes, my current therapy is perfectly legal in my country.

I share your same opinion on proviron only trt. But here the law for the testosterone prescription recently changed making life hard for all the patients on trt. Doctors themselves tend to prescribe testosterone less and less, that’s why I ended up on this therapy, following two years with classic test enanthate trt. For now I’m sticking to the new therapy but I’m looking for another doctor.

I also did all the tests (thyroid, lh, fsh and so on), which resulted in being put on trt, and i repeated them different times during the therapy.

However, my question is different. I just want to measure my total test to see how my natural level is after these years of therapy. However, my concern is that proviron could be detected as testosterone, thus resulting in a high total test which would not be representative of my real endogenous production. In this case, I would stop proviron some days before, in order to have a representative result.

As I told you, I don’t really expect this, since proviron isn’t testosterone but dht and so it should not fake the total testosterone level. However, I just want to raise some experts’ opinions before proceding. What do you think about it?

A complete blood test with all the other parameters will follow soon, in any case.

Proviron is mostly DHT and DHT and T do not interfere with each other’s labs.

I commented about legality of Proviron so readers here would not be thinking that they could get that from their doctors.

I have no confidence in the outcome of your thyroid testes because thyroid lab ranges are insane and doctors are mislead and complacent. So I ask you do check your oral body temperatures. Most guys who come here have some thyroid function issues.

Hi @nuclear91 how did you go with the proviron only therapy? Thank you