T Nation

Proviron Added to TRT

I have a friend (yes, really, not me) who is on a fairly standard 200mg cyp, HCG, and low dose a-dex combo.

Because he was having joint pain, his doctor was considering switch out the a-dex for proviron at 25mg a day, 10 days on, 10 days off, with adex on the other 10 days.

I've never heard of this, and was wondering if anyone had (because, if so, I may get my doctor to switch me).

Oh, and this is outside the USA. I understand the USA doesn't like proviron for whatever reason.

Just in looking, it looks like it would release more free-T and increase sex drive.

Adex and proviron aren't at all the same thing, so I'm not sure exactly what his doctor's reasoning is. Perhaps removing the adex will allow water bloat which will theoretically add more cushion to the joints, but that is a strange way to skin that cat. Proviron will raise Free T and DHT, which I guess would promote more healing, but his issue probably is not T related, so not sure what's there either.

I am not aware of any anti-inflammatory benefits of proviron, but I don't know much about it overall either so that's not to say I'm right.

IMO, a better solution would be to add in a low dose once daily protocol of GHRP-6/MOD GRF 1-29 before bed...this is great for joints and general injury repair, with other nice anti-aging benefits to boot...

Joint pain is a listed side effect for a-dex, so I presume this is the reason.

Proviron is also a anti-aromatase, so it does similar things as a-dex, albeit not as strong.

The joint pain from adex comes if you push your estrogen too low, not from the drug itself (as I understand it).

I'm not aware of any AI properties of proviron. What is your reference for that?

Is the joint pain all over or one area of the body?

I guess he could always just give it a go and see what happens, but I would be surprised if it worked. GH peptides seem like a much better option--proven with additional benefits...

"Proviron is an oral DHT steroid compound similar to Masteron. Although it is not an ideal compound for building muscle (actually it is not good at all for this purpose), Proviron is helpful in stacks because of its unique ability to keep the body from turning testosterone into estrogen, thus giving the testosterone a better anabolic effect.. . .Proviron is therefore best stacked with testosterone, which makes taking anti-estrogen compounds unnecessary."

"Competitive aromatase inhibitors, such as Cytadren, Arimidex, and probably Proviron, bind to the same binding site on the aromatase enzyme that testosterone does. By doing this, they allow less testosterone to bind to aromatase. So, less testosterone is converted to estradiol."

(FWIW -- Bill Roberts)

Please note I had links, but they violated T-Nation policy so they (correctly) removed them.

Clip and google to go find.

Proviron is a very weak AI, but what is the purpose of adding in to HRT for?

I'm not sure, which is why I am asking.

I presume it is because it increases the effect of test cyp without increasing the dose of test cyp.

It may make test work better may be for its effect at the receptor level, but it will not lower SHBG.