Provigil? Cy?

Does anyone know anything about Provigil?

Reading over an article now in Reader’s Digest of all places. It comes off sounding like an amplified long term Power Drive (counters fatigue, grogginess, with no shakiness or other ceffeine like effects, but improved alterntess, focus, and mood).

I’m working graveyard shifts right now and rely extensively on Power Drive, caffeine pillls, and Green Tea and cofee along with ZMA and Melatonin to force sleep when I can. This sounds like a great drug (orgiginally used to treat narcolepsy and being researched for use with pilots, drivers, etc).

Any feedback, experiences, or other info.

I just now came across this and am starting some research.

Provigil is awesome. I work in an ER where a lot of the docs use it. I personally use it around once per week. It puts me in a good mood for the whole day, I don’t yawn, and I feel mentally very sharp. It is expensive, but my insurance covers it (many do not). It might become generic in 2006, but that is still tenuous. It was recently approved for shift workers, so it should not be that hard for you to get a prescription. Since it apparently works by stimulating the hippocampus, it creates an enhanced alertness without the jitters of CNS stimulants. The comparison to Power Drive is valid, and I made the same one in my T-Jack Review (not selected, but I volunteered one). If you get a scrip, get the 200 MG pills and take a half…gets me by for the whole day.

[quote]Agathos wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Provigil?

Reading over an article now in Reader’s Digest of all places. It comes off sounding like an amplified long term Power Drive (counters fatigue, grogginess, with no shakiness or other ceffeine like effects, but improved alterntess, focus, and mood).

I’m working graveyard shifts right now and rely extensively on Power Drive, caffeine pillls, and Green Tea and cofee along with ZMA and Melatonin to force sleep when I can. This sounds like a great drug (orgiginally used to treat narcolepsy and being researched for use with pilots, drivers, etc).

Any feedback, experiences, or other info.

I just now came across this and am starting some research.
[/quote]

I’ve gone over both it and a related compound in two previous columns:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459564

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=461705

i have narcolepsy and i have to take it everyday. its good stuff. the only 2 medications that have helped my narcolepsy have been provigil and ritalin.