Proven Ways for Weight Loss?

Hi everyone, I have been really obsessed with my weight problem. I am a 33 year old female and have gained 90lbs which makes the count to 210. I recently took out some of my summer clothes and they don�??t fit me anymore!!! This is a real tragedy for me. How can I not wear the ones I adore…moreover the new look is getting me mad (with the comments from my friends).

I know quite a few ways to start losing weight�?��?�.but I don�??t really feel that, with so many people failing using these methods that I will make it through. Does anyone know a proven way to reduce the weight?

Please help me�?�…this is killing me!!!

I’m just curious to know which methods you are referring to for weight loss, the ones that you don’t feel like doing.

Yes there is a proven method to lose weight: change your lifestyle, learn to eat nutritional food in the appropriate quantities, and start exercising on a regular basis.

There is no magic pill or diet that is going to make you drop weight. In your case, that includes the V-Diet.

What are you doing now, today, to change your situation?

Eat less, exercise more.

What’s so difficult?

-Calories in vs calories out simple math!
-Lover your carbs to under 100 grams
-East 5-6 small meals per day
-Drink nothing but water
-start lifting weights and maby do a little fasted cardio
-Dont be an emotional eater! Put food in your body for fuel not for pleasure and you wont be overweight!

I think of food as what I need to acheive a goal not enjoyment!

Your not right for the V-Diet yet, Chris Shugart says in the first thread in the V-Diet forum that the diet is not for begginers.

From what I’ve read about the diet, it’s for people who have tried everything else, and got as far as they can go, but there’s just that little bit left.

From what I see, you haven’t tried anything yet, and are looking for a quick fix. Guess what?! There is no quick fix.

Clean up your food intake, stop eating junk, moniter what you eat, and you’ll do just fine.

By putting on 90Lbs I’m guessing your over 30% BF so your carb intake should really be under 30 grams a day.

People who fail do so because of weak will, as long as your determined, this will not happen to you.

Good luck.

LR

The first step is changing your eating habits and “calculate” how much energy you burn each day. Along with exercise and cardio, you’ll have a good start. Just check out the many good articles here.

Good luck !

When we are young a diet often works.

When we get older a life style change is your only chance.

You need to be hardcore for the first 4 weeks to break bad habits. More cravings than you would imagine will disappear. Yes it will be very difficult in the beginning. If you can make a month with no cheats you can ease back just a little, but not a lot. If you can do this you also have the will power to achieve your goals.

No snacks and drink only water, crystal light or green tea. Lean protein is the base of your meals with mainly fruits and vegetables. You do not need to eat 6 small meals a day 3 is fine. It is not time consuming as hardboiled eggs and apples can count as a meal on the go in a pinch. You can even buy hard boiled eggs already made at the stores now. Learn to cook with spice and marinades. Keep carbs, even healthy carbs low. Be the one who packs your lunch.

Sugar free Jell-O when you get a sugar craving. One small piece of dark chocolate when you get chocolate craving. A hand full of nuts if you must have a snack with a piece of fruit.

Find a way to move that you enjoy.

If you do this you will not only lose weight faster than you planned but it will stay off for good.

There is too much information out there so keep learning, but keep it simple in the beginning. A good plan started now is better than a great plan you never start or stay on.

I would not be surprised if you do the above that you lose all the 90 pounds in less than a year. Losing weight is simple it is the will power most lack.

When you lose the weight you want, you will be shocked at how much more you can eat and still maintain your weight.

Most people gain weight largely because they eat too much at night and they often consume more shit calories from snacking and drinking caloric beverages than calories from their actual meals.

Find hobbies other than watching TV. Throw all the shit food away today from your pantry. This includes diet soda and baked lays. Eat to live do not live to eat. Do not cenetr all of your plans and activitires around restauarnts.

I work around a bunch of women that are always on diets and talk everday about what unhealthy item they are going to eat for lunch. They can only lose weight on Adipex. They will loose 50 pounds on Adipex but always gain it back and more. This is what you do not want to do.

If you have a shit meal limit it to one that was eaten outside of your house and get back on the wagon.

If you want to hold yourself accountable put up a picture of yourself monthy with your weight. You can erase your face if you want.

Read below

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459212

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=465471

[quote]Dave.F wrote:
-Calories in vs calories out simple math!
-Lover your carbs to under 100 grams
-East 5-6 small meals per day
-Drink nothing but water
-start lifting weights and maby do a little fasted cardio
-Dont be an emotional eater! Put food in your body for fuel not for pleasure and you wont be overweight!

I think of food as what I need to acheive a goal not enjoyment![/quote]

Great advice. Don’t be afraid of fats, eat protein, keep carbs in check as he said.

here’s an important tip: instead of thinking “low fat, high carb” think “high fat, low carb” as long as you get sufficient dietary fiber

and lift heavy shit

Have you actually read anything on this site? Or on the sister site, MWA / Figure Athlete?

BTW, I’ll push John Berardi’s Precision Nutrition as a good starting point for basic nutrition.