Proud to be Canadian

[quote]malonetd wrote:
ElbowStrike wrote:
malonetd wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

it’s been 15 years since Canada has owned the Stanley Cup.

Teams made up of 90% Canadian players win it every year. :wink:
– ElbowStrike

True. 90% Canadian teams play in front of 90% Canadian fans. Makes me wonder why we have hockey at all in the US.[/quote]

Because we figured out how to profit from their own sports =)

Article of how most Canadians wouldn’t be able to pass a citizenship test. :wink:

Happy Canada Day!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
Here are some reasons to be proud to be Canadian:

1. Smarties
    The candy?
  2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp
    ??
  3. The size of our footballs fields and one less down
    And it’s infinitely less popular and where washed-up has beens and never-hads go to play
  4. Baseball is Canadian
    Yet, Canada hasn’t won a World Series in 15 years. Also, one of the two Canadian teams just moved
  5. Lacrosse is Canadian
    No one cares
  6. Hockey is Canadian
    Again, it’s been 15 years since Canada has owned the Stanley Cup
  7. Basketball is Canadian
    Once again, one of the two teams had to leave the country due to lack of interest. Oh, and Canada has never won an NBA Championship
  8. Apple pie is Canadian
    I don’t even know where you got this from
  9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ass
  10. Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin’ Donuts ass
  11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed
    the Americans back…past their ‘White House’.

Then we burned it…and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied…Go figure…
OK, this I don’t get. First, Americans don’t even care about the War of 1812, but Canadians are near-obsessed with it.

Do Canadian school children get “we burnt the White House” lessons for an entire semester in school? Besides, it was a British army that marched on Washington. Canada was still 50+ years from self-government at the time.

1. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to
    Germany.OK, you can have that one.

2. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. Meh

3. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour. Is this why Canadians are obsessed with the War of 1812? Because they never had their own war?

4. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American
    mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing… but showed up just in time to get caught.

5. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on. If this in reference to the early 90’s grunge movement, how do you explain Lawrence Welk fifty years earlier? Oh, you probably mean flannels only, not plaid pants.

6. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth’s surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

7. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

8. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

9. We don’t marry our kin-folk.

10. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

11. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

12. A Canadian invented Superman. Bullshit!! It was a joint effort

BUT MOST IMPORTANT!
24. The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on. OOOoohhhhh Canada!!

Oh yeah… and our elections only take one day.
[/quote]

Wow, way to take a lighthearted post so seriously.

Here’s another reason, especially if you happen to live in ontario, new brunswick or nova scotia…retards who block highways and rail roads with fires and buses, carrying guns while the spineless politicians sit around and allow it to occur catering to a section of Canada’s population that contibutes next to nothing to society and gets hand out after hand out and still complains about our goverment when it is their own people who are fucking them over.

P.S. this is in reference to the indians who set up road blocks yesterday and today.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:

…5. Lacrosse is Canadian
No one cares…

[/quote]

Apparently you care enough to come into this thread and post about it.

Cool you’re canadian. Canadians have contributed to a bunch of things in the world we are thankful for. I realize the poster of this was trying to be humorous, at least I hope it wasn’t to cause a rift.

To those of you bickering, WE ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS. And those who are contributing to the fire instead of congratulating our neighbors should be ashamed, as I am ashamed to call some of them my country men. Grow up.

And to the OP

Plaid belongs to the scots… you silly haggis :slight_smile:

TSB

This is just another excuse day for the Canadians to come to the US to buy cheap gas and six beer.

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
Here are some reasons to be proud to be Canadian:

1. We don’t marry our kin-folk.

[/quote]

I don’t know about that one… that looks like some Hillbilly breedin’ country along that Trans Canada Highway y’all got.

Oh, and now I’m curious, can anyone explain to me what Canada’s deal is with the Queen of England? Does she actually do anything for Canada or what? Is her picture on your money? Do you guys ever say “God save the Queen?”

I really don’t know.

your liberals are so left you guys make our liberals look like right wing wackos. i guess i can say the same about europe.

Happy canada day. raising a glass 'fer you good neighbors.

f

Now ya just gotta learn to blow up pieces of yourself and small pieces of your country with high explosives like we do to celebrate our Independence Day.

Then you’ll be a-boot ready to go, eh.

I knew there were gonna be a bunch of jealous people (Americans) flaming in this thread, but the whole idea was just for a laugh, and to celebrate Canada Day.

For the civil bunch out there, thanks and happy Canada Day. To the jealous ones… well, we still love you, although your brains are obviously underdeveloped in some parts. Happy 4th of July to the decent ones, cause I know they are out there, am i right eh? To the others - just grow up.

HAPPY CANADA DAY

PC

[quote]conorh wrote:
Oh, and now I’m curious, can anyone explain to me what Canada’s deal is with the Queen of England? Does she actually do anything for Canada or what? Is her picture on your money? Do you guys ever say “God save the Queen?”

I really don’t know.[/quote]

Quote from wikipedia:

“Apart from the United Kingdom, Elizabeth II is also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, and Saint Kitts and Nevis, where she is represented by Governors-General. The 16 countries of which she is Queen are known as Commonwealth Realms, and their combined population is over 129 million.”

Theres your answer.

PC

This thread is fascinating -not only for it’s content but for what it shows about us Canucks (not to mention the subsequent reactions). Of course it’s all hyperbole. I don’t think that anyone is taking it all too seriously.

Why are Canadians obsessed with 1812? I think there’s a misunderstanding that “we beat the US”. It’s silly, but once again, hyperbole.

The article posted by Derek was great, as are others from the CBC that discuss Canada’s obsession with multiculturalism at the expense of our own identity. Hockey isn’t an identity, it’s a punchline.

Just some fodder for discussion.

Happy Canada Day!

[quote]Hoosier wrote:
This is just another excuse day for the Canadians to come to the US to buy cheap gas and six beer.[/quote]

Your gas is cheap, that one is yours… but American beer SUCKS!!!

Just saying what I hear 200+ times a day. Everyone likes the Budweiser. I think Bud is crap. Just gives you headaches and the runs.
Just an observation.

Nice beaver… Happy Canada day eh!

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

BUT, you do have the hottest women! I know a bunch of Americans will now be pissed at me for saying that, but it’s true!![/quote]

This is indeed a fact. Toronto’s women are world class. Perhaps its the many ethnicities, I dont know, you take it for granted after awhile. Friends from out of town, from Australia, Manhattan have said the same thing. Toronto’s women are hot.

Oh, and whoever would use this thread to pick a fight – just go away.