Protocol for Coming Off of TRT

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]oscar31280 wrote:

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]oscar31280 wrote:
Yes I read the guidelines for the test and will have no supplements in my system since Wednesday so testing on Monday shouldn’t be a problem.
[/quote]

Just please read direction so you know what gets froze and what does not. [/quote]

Quest Diagnostics is actually going to let me bring the kit in and they are going to do it for $44.90.
Tomorrow is my first blood draw. Got my fingers crossed that the right signals are being produced. [/quote]

The Quest I went to refused to do it since it was not a “Quest Diagnostics” kit (even though such a thing does not exist as far as I am aware)…

Did you have any troubles getting them to roger up? [/quote]

No I had no troubles at all. They charged me a flat rate of $44.40 to draw blood, prepare it, and ship it.

Nutra eval should be done in as little as one week once recieved.

Nutra eval should be done in as little as one week once recieved. [/quote]

Thats fine. I’m more interested in seeing if my brain is sending LH and FSH to my nuts and if my nuts are producing any Testosterone.

Well tomorrow will be 1 week since my blood draw at Quest and still no results a little disappointed it’s taking so long. We have dropped the Nolvadex dosage down to 10mg AM and 10mg PM and It’s made me feel better. One thing that concerns me is when I stop taking the Aromasin I get the swollen lymph nodes again. So I’m going to continue taking a small dosage 12.5mg daily works really well. I have no labs to base anything on but it seems to be obvious that estrogen is playing a part in the swelling anyway without it I have problems with it I’m at least comfortable. Also when I’m on the Aromasin I have somewhat of a libido.
Maybe when this is all said and done I can get by with just controlling my estrogen to have a decent libido.

So coming off of all the different meds I personally feel tons better. My only concern from this day forward is my libido. I’ve been doing some reading on Proviron of course all Im finding is info on steroid pages but it states many positives Hpta suppressive NO, aromatize to estrogen NO, liver toxic NO, Anti Estrogenic YES, Libido booster YES. So when this is all said and done if I have no libido would this be worth a shot as a stand alone. If anybody has any info or even better experience with this compound please share.

[quote]oscar31280 wrote:
So coming off of all the different meds I personally feel tons better. My only concern from this day forward is my libido. I’ve been doing some reading on Proviron of course all Im finding is info on steroid pages but it states many positives Hpta suppressive NO, aromatize to estrogen NO, liver toxic NO, Anti Estrogenic YES, Libido booster YES. So when this is all said and done if I have no libido would this be worth a shot as a stand alone. If anybody has any info or even better experience with this compound please share.
[/quote]

in your case proviron will not work and driving shbg down even lower will cause other issues in and among your self. I am using proviron to lower shbg from malfunctoining liver and thyroid meds. Once nutra eval comes then we will have more data to go on narrowing down the other hidden imbalances.

Well after 10days of 40mg/day of Nolva my TT was 406 and LH= <1 which is way less than what clomid did for me a year ago. This tells me that with that low of LH some of the T level was probably from the injections still so I’m probably even lower today. Very disappointed it took almost 2wks to find out that my body isn’t performing correctly. Now What?

I’m still going to go awhile without any meds I feel like shit and have zero sex life but I’m going to let my body reset to my Base line and go from there. I need to find out why my lymph nodes swell up with anything I take but no one in my area will look into anything while I’m on TRT they say I’m causing my own problems with the cocktail of meds.
Today’s news is depressing.
It was suggested by Han that I might have better results by lowering the dose. How does this make sense. 40mg/day I didn’t absorb enough but 20mg EOD would be better?
Can anyone explain this to me?

[quote]oscar31280 wrote:
Well after 10days of 40mg/day of Nolva my TT was 406 and LH= <1 which is way less than what clomid did for me a year ago. This tells me that with that low of LH some of the T level was probably from the injections still so I’m probably even lower today. Very disappointed it took almost 2wks to find out that my body isn’t performing correctly. Now What?

I’m still going to go awhile without any meds I feel like shit and have zero sex life but I’m going to let my body reset to my Base line and go from there. I need to find out why my lymph nodes swell up with anything I take but no one in my area will look into anything while I’m on TRT they say I’m causing my own problems with the cocktail of meds.
Today’s news is depressing.
It was suggested by Han that I might have better results by lowering the dose. How does this make sense. 40mg/day I didn’t absorb enough but 20mg EOD would be better?
Can anyone explain this to me?[/quote]

When dealing with restarts some times less is more as the body may react the same as having too much hcg causing down regulation of prolong time. I know people that are using clomid 12.5 mgs every 3 rd getting better results. The principle still holds true here so 20 mgs may help to prevent down regulation of LH. It now starting to be known that less serms may be the way to go to get optimal results decreasing the chances of down regulation. Once the doage is reduced then down regulation is less likely to occur. Again this just new information that is starting to surface in the past few months. Knowing this information may help alot of guys in the future not to use high dosages of serms. You may also have major malabsorption issues going on, but more then likely the dose which has been used for a long time on restarts may have caused slight down regulation. Reducing the dosage to 20 mgs EOD or every 3 day may be a better way to go to get the desired results. You can thank grandfather shippen for coming up with this very recent discovery. I had lunch with Dr john and we discussed this same topic. We are looking ways to do things safer with better results.

Ok. Han do you think that I would have better results with clomid like I used in the past?

[quote]oscar31280 wrote:
Ok. Han do you think that I would have better results with clomid like I used in the past?[/quote]

I think if we keep the dosage of nolvadex to bare minum this will help to prevent down regulation. I have seen guys on 25 mgs of clomid every 2-3 days with bad and good results. I know that 10 mgs EOD of nolvadex has been working well in some people. I had a kid that 12.5 mgs clomid every 3 days kept him at 800 We will monitor blood work every 2-3 weeks to adjust dosage.
As i stated before more is not better with serms and I think this is where people are crashing from because you are desensitizing your bodys own response to LH. Even the elite people in the field as well as the person that even started this Dr shippen himself are revamping the process. HRT is an ever evolving field new information is learned every day and we are constantly learning…

Today I got my labs
Lh .2 1.5-9.3mIU/ml
TT 406 250-1100ng/dl
FT 55.6 46.0-224.0pg/ml
bioavailable t 126.4 110.0-575.0ng/dl
shbg 30 8-48nmol/l
prolactin 5.5 2.0-18.0ng/ml

Something else was pointed out to me today on all my labs.
My T-E ratio never got better it kept getting worse through treatment.
Base line = 54.42-1
then 30.24-1
then 14.29 1 just before we started the restart.
Makes me suspect that this is why I was having so much trouble and no benefits.

A healthy ratio is 50:1

http://www.thehormoneshop.com/testosterone&men.htm#Hormonal%20Balancing

I want to know why this wasn’t noticed by my HRT specialty DR.

i would not combined and more else into the mix becauase it will give false results compromising the whole restart. Proper e2/T ratio may be a factor, but there are more estrogens that could be at play here namingly estrone and not estradiol may be the culprit. These are areas we have to examine next blood work. e1,e2, and free e2 may be needed but on serves you can not get a true e2 reading and be chasing your tails.

base line

Base Line
E2 = 7.0 REF 10-42pg/ml WAS shortly after Gaspari Novadex XT
TT = 381 REF 400-1080ng/dl
SHBG = 11 REF 11-80nmol/L
FT = 106 REF 47-244pg/ml

Treatment 1
E2 = 28.9 Ref 11.6-41.2pg/ml
TT = 877 REF 300-1080ng/dl
SHBG = 24 REF 11-80 nmol/L
FT = 210 REF 47-244pg/ml
PSA 0.27 REF 0.0-4.0ng/ml

Treatment 2
E2 = 47 REF 13-54pg/ml W/O AN AI
TT 672 REF 250-1100ng/dl
SHBG = 18 REF 8-48nmol/L
FT = 150.5 REF 46-224pg/ml
Bio T = 316 REF 110-575
We then added Adex and got E2 down to 31 but my body hated me everytime I took it.
Switched to Aromasin and never had anymore blood done before the restart but I don’t think I was dosing it High enough or often enough.

Restart started 10 day’s after last injection 40mgs Nolva/day for 10 days
Massive swelling of the lymph nodes lowered dose to 20mg/day for 7 no change lowered to 10mg/day for 7 days no change. I countered the lymph nodes with 25mg Aromasin/day and they subsided.
LABS

TT 406 REF 250-1100 ng/dl
FT 55.6 REF 46-224pg/ml
Bio T 126.4 110-575ng/dl
SHBG 30 REF 8-48nmol/L
LH <0.2L REF 1.5-9.3
prolactin 5.5 REF 2.0-18.0ng/ml

With that low of LH I believe that the injections still hadn’t cleared my body
I personally believe that all my issues were due to estrogen dominance.
If you look at my T-E ratio in my different labs you can see that Estrogen kept becoming more dominant in each series. Which would explain why I kept feeling worse and worse as time went on.

i would not combined and more else into the mix becauase it will give false results compromising the whole restart. Proper e2/T ratio may be a factor, but there are more estrogens that could be at play here namingly estrone and not estradiol may be the culprit. These are areas we have to examine next blood work. e1,e2, and free e2 may be needed but on serves you can not get a true e2 reading and be chasing your tails.[/quote]

Shouldn’t all of those have been tested when on TRT and I was having all the problems?