T Nation

Protien Intake=Bodyfat?

Im going to start a bulking cylcle. I workout 6 days a week and do 30mins of cardio a day. Now I want to bulk up so i will be taking in about 1.5 grams of protein per pound. SO that’s about 350 grams of protein. My question is 1 shake is like 900 calories. I mix 4 scoops w/ water in a blender and drink the whole blender. That is about 50grams of protien per blender full. So i need about 3-4 blener fulls in addition to my daily protein intake in food. Now my question is will these shakes make me fatter as well, I do not want them to just pile on fat as well as LBM because I dont want to lose the abs I’ve worked so hard for :wink:

What kind of shake are you taking that contains 900 cal? Don’t tell me you went out and got the Weider Buster 5000 or some shit like that? As far as the protein intake, are you saying you weight 233 lbs? or is that your lean body mass? More infor please, and to simplify, the higher your calorie intake the more weight you are going to gain, but you know this? I’d suggest you read the Massive Eating diet in the archives, probably give you more info so you don’t turn into a big lard ass. As far as the shake, you’d probably be better off eating a couple of double cheese burgers.

Man I missed the part about the 6 day a week workouts and 30 min of cardio. I suggest reading articles on this site.

Before you OD on Mega Mass 2000 (whatever, I dunno what else would have 900 cals/serving) try reading up on nutrition to figure out how much of what to eat when.

How about thinking “Crap intake = bodyfat.”?

The suggestion to read Massive Eating is a great one. I’d suggest going all the way and checking out http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/index.htm and reading the nutrition articles there. Read the rountables on fat, carbs and protein, the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutrition Programs, and everything else there in addition to the Massive Eating program. You wanna know what your food’s gonna do to you before you eat it, not when you can’t button your pants!

Nick