Lemme resurrect this thread.
I haven't been to the forums for about 3 months. I still owe you an answer.
See below for my 2 cents.
Depends on what's appropriate for you.
If you're willing to accept the natural physical decline even someone with 30 years of training under his belt has to go through, that's ok.
Not knowing your full supplement regimen, I'd like to suggest you look into the following supplements for LBM perks:
- improves your nutrient partitioning, especially that of carbs
- ramps up Thyroid activity
- powerful insuline mimetic agent
- dramatically improves carb partitioning
- comes with a host of other benefits
- downside 1: down-regulates cAMP (in the big scheme of things, I wouldn't give two shits about it)
- downside 2: it's a powerful anti-microbial. Overindulging in it can seriously fuck up your microbiome
- if you find your right dose, though, this can be a game changer
- if I were tight on money, I'd go with Berberine HCL - otherwise, I'd use Forskolin
I'd continue taking Betaine HCL before protein-rich meals.
Concerning TSH, TF and the thyroid in general: it sure is a tricky animal:
- in-range TSH values don't have to mean your thyroid is not slacking
- even the trickier T4->T3 conversion panels are telling enough
- I'd have you read through KSMan's Thyroid Sticky - it's well worth the read: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/thryroid_basics