Proteins are Bad for Your Kidnies

I just took some medical test, everything was fine except I have problem with my kidneys. The two test that are bad are AST and ALT (I dont know if and how it translate to english).
I am 18 years old

AST 41 acceptable range:7-37
ALT 61 acceptable range:12-49

the doc asked me if I take steroids. I dont. He asked me if I ate alot of protein and fat. I do.
He told me my kidneys were inflammated.He said like: eat less proteins and eat less fatty food.

I dont know more about all this stuff. What does AST and ALT means and is it really bad? I need some opinion from internet experts.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

I just took some medical test, everything was fine except I have problem with my kidneys. The two test that are bad are AST and ALT (I dont know if and how it translate to english).
I am 18 years old

AST 41 acceptable range:7-37
ALT 61 acceptable range:12-49

the doc asked me if I take steroids. I dont. He asked me if I ate alot of protein and fat. I do.
He told me my kidneys were inflammated.He said like: eat less proteins and eat less fatty food.

I dont know more about all this stuff. What does AST and ALT means and is it really bad? I need some opinion from internet experts.[/quote]

I don’t know how things work in Canadian Medicine but AST and ALT have nothing to do with kidney function but rather they are liver enzyme tests. Do a web MD search, your numbers are only slightly elevated, if they were like 3 times the normal than you should be worried.

Also if you’ve taken any kind of steroids, testosterone, anabolic agent, etc without proper liver support you can run high numbers

Troll

Hell no this is not trolling. And yes I remember it is enzyme stuff

Is it possible for someone to be so inept at finding information on their own.

Seriously just give up now and go live in a nursing home.

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:
Troll[/quote]

He has more posts than you and an actual record of buying product from the store and you’re calling him a troll?

To the OP, I would get a second opinion from another doctor.

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:
Troll

He has more posts than you and an actual record of buying product from the store and you’re calling him a troll?

To the OP, I would get a second opinion from another doctor. [/quote]

Don’t mind Cperfringens. he’s just trying to fit in so he calls everyone a troll. And yes, you need a second or maybe even a third opinion. if all of the docs say the same thing, then you may have a problem. or you can get on that show Mystery Diagnosis and they can help you out. hehe sorry, couldn’t resist. :smiley:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Is it possible for someone to be so inept at finding information on their own.

Seriously just give up now and go live in a nursing home.
[/quote]

the truth is that it is just so damn easy making a thread on T-Nation about it

[quote]jasmincar wrote:

[/quote]

Have you ever heard the saying:

“you can give a man a single fish and feed him for a day.
Or you can teach a man to fish, and feed him for a lifetime.”?

Dude you have got to learn how to fish.

(I’m trying to be nice to you because I honestly believe you’re mildly retarded)

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

(I’m trying to be nice to you because I honestly believe you’re mildly retarded)[/quote]

I believe you should learn to control your antipathy. Telling people they are retarded for no reason at all–that is retarded. I also believe you should stop considering yourself more smart than the others. That would be a good start

I also dont believe your saying apply to this particuliar case. What is the difference between getting an information from a forum than from a book (Maybe that it annoys some people–so what? if you are annoyed you can leave or not respond)
If asking for an information is getting a fish what is fishing.

I also believe you are kind of frustrated

There is no definitive link between high protein consumption and kidney damage. Any data that says so was done on sick animals with kidneys that were already in poor condition and to apply it to humans with healthy organs is absurd.

I would, however, seek additional opinions.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

(I’m trying to be nice to you because I honestly believe you’re mildly retarded)

I believe you should learn to control your antipathy. Telling people they are retarded for no reason at all–that is retarded. I also believe you should stop considering yourself more smart than the others. That would be a good start

I also dont believe your saying apply to this particuliar case. What is the difference between getting an information from a forum than from a book (Maybe that it annoys some people–so what? if you are annoyed you can leave or not respond)

[/quote]

if i were you, i wouldn’t call peoples intelligence into question by using phrases such as “more smart”. It doesn’t bode well for your argument.

I suffer with a poor left kidney. In no way has protein ever made this worse. You want to know what makes it worse? Sugary foods and alcohol. End of.

jasmincar wrote:

(I’m trying to be nice to you because I honestly believe you’re mildly retarded)[/quote]

Lmao, epic fail at “trying to be nice.”

“Here’s what I think, RETARD” :slight_smile:

jasmincar wrote:

“Give a man a fish and he’ll stink up a whole town. Teach a man to fish…See where I’m going…teach a man to fish and he’ll poke yer eye out!”
lol…this is in the OP-s case lol

I just read an article here on T-Nation that may help you somewhat. It doesn’t offer a complete answer to your question but it does make you question what exactly doctors know, especially when it comes to working out: Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

Good luck!

Those slightly raised numbers could be accounted for even by a heavy night of drinking within the past week, certain types of medications, and, of course, AAS. I ran in to an alcoholic man while on rounds, and he had a GGT (another liver enzyme) value of 5500 IU/L (ref <51 IU/L)!

That’s when you get worried, and as ndiddy85 mentioned, a significant finding would be about 3-5 times above reference range. Back to the patient, when he asked when his GGT was going to go down the doctor replied, “When you stop drinking”… pwnd

[quote]gsxtacy wrote:
jasmincar wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
jasmincar wrote:

if i were you, i wouldn’t call peoples intelligence into question by using phrases such as “more smart”. It doesn’t bode well for your argument.
[/quote]

that says it all

what the fuck are kidnies?

I’m more smarter then youu