I am very much a beginner and very skinny (have been my whole life). Recently I have decided to try to change that and get serious about lifting and nutrition but I have a problem that I was wondering if anyone else has experienced.
I used to use a protein powder I found at the grocery store that was just whey. I would always mix it with milk and noticed that whenever I used two scoops instead of one, as the instructions said to do, I would feel weird. I feel "tingly" in my arms and fingers and my shoulders have a dull ache. After this wore off (~15-20mins) I would be very tired. I just avoided this by only using 1 scoop at a time.
However, now I've started to use Low-Carb Grow! and the same thing happens with just one scoop. I mean its not a big deal cause I can deal with it but it seems very odd. I was just curious if anyone else has ever experianced anything like this? It doesn't seem like a minor allergic response does it? I'm not allergic to anything I know of nor do I have any idea if you can even be allergic to stuff in protein powder.
Anyway, I was just really curious if anyone had this happen to them or if anyone has any idea what is going on?