Protein Without Chewing

i just had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled, and i’m wonder what sorta whole food sources of protein i could have that arent crunchy,tough, and that i could semi liquefy in a blender? (im not going to pay like 60 bucks for protein powder that ill only use for a few days)

[quote]john-lennon wrote:
i just had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled, and im wonder what sorta whole food sources of protein i could have that arent crunchy,tough, and that i could semi liquefy in a blender? (im not going to pay like 60 bucks for protein powder that ill only use for a few days)[/quote]

Blend up tuna!

Why don’t you pay 60 bucks for protein that you will use for more than 4 days?

Don’t you like Metabolic Drive? Just buy some chocolate and you will love it and use it forever and ever and ever…

You’re really missing out. Ask all my V diet comrades ;o)

But if i were you I would go the way of eggs. soft, tasty and delicious. make some egg soup, or soft boiled eggs, or my favorite poached eggs.

you can just slide poached eggs right down your throat after you rub the yolk all ove rthe insides of your mouth. you’d think i was selling this shit.

-chris

Cottage cheese with some fruit in the blender. Milk. Yogurt. Hummus.

Heck, you can make some really soupy beans with extra liquid and a blender. Oh yeah, lentils.

I was just thinking about this today on my drive home for some stupid reason.

Anyway, I decided that if I couldn’t eat solids, I’d put some cooked ground beef into the blender mixed with about 2 cups of milk and some strawberries.

It’s been my experience that no matter what you put in the blender, as long as you add strawberries, the strawberries are all that you can taste anyway.

i just had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled, and i’m wonder what sorta whole food sources of protein i could have that arent crunchy,tough, and that i could semi liquefy in a blender? (im not going to pay like 60 bucks for protein powder that ill only use for a few days)[/quote]

blend some legumes. make bean soup. OR add some cooked ground beef with spices and you can have some chili

Great meal shake cup oatmeal cooked, while boiling hot, put in blender, add 250 mls egg whites and hit blend. Egg whites get cooked a little…Add 10 almonds and one scoop vanilla protein,Biotest is best tasting…TASTES LIKE AN OATMEAL/ALMOND COOKIE.

i never thought of tuna hhaha thats awesome!

as for hte protein powder i never use it i just eat whole foods, this would be the only time id ever use it but its just so expensive

today im not allowed to eat anything hot or thats solid, ice cream and jellow for me lol.

im thinking of trying a banana milk and peanutbutter smoothie thing later as i should be able to swallow that without any chewing, and then tommorow i can start on the blended tuna and eggs and meat

i tried to blend hard cheese the other day hahah didnt turn out well :stuck_out_tongue:

oh and heres another question, i work in a restaurant, they serve lots of rostissery chicken (swiss chalet) but i dont know what sort of carbs to be eating, i want to avoid rice and breads and wraps and potatoes, but the veggies they have there are about 80% celery and a few bits of other stuff, so id have to buy like 6 orders of mixed veg to get in enough carbs from them lol

what should i choose? rice? multi grain bun? baked potatoe? or suck it up and order all the veggies?

Dude, getting my wisdom teeth pulled is how I discovered Metabolic Drive.

Blend the potato with veggies and chicken, makes a nice potato soup taste.

I have seen Henderson Thorne blend 2 cans of tuna with a bottle of coke…

I’ma whole foods eater, too. :slight_smile: My husband is all about the protein powder, though.

Try broth. Cook up a chicken (roast it), save aside the meat, put the chicken carcass & gizzards in a crock pot on high for like a day. Add potatoes & carrots and onion and celery. Drain the bones & chunks out, SAVE THE LIQUID AND VEGGIES. (I do that part once it’s cooled.)

Blender the veggies w/ the liquid (little at a time) adding water as needed till it’s a thickness you like. Add salt to taste. Add raw eggs. Whole. Simmer on a stove till it’s hot. Eat it. Yum.

You can add the meat to it, too. Blender it if you still can’t chew or put it in there in chunks. Chicken soup.

Another variation is 1/4 ts chile pepepr flakes, 1 tsp ground ginger, 14 oz can coconut milk. Great for when you’re sick or just because. It’s yummy. :slight_smile:

Feel better!

(im not going to pay like 60 bucks for protein powder that ill only use for a few days)[/quote]

If it’s only a few days, why bother?

Anyway, everyone I’ve known who had wisdom teeth out could eat normally within 24 hours.

they must have wolverines healing abilities then because everyone ive talked to couldnt eat a normal diet for several weeks (no hard crunchy stuff for at least that long)

its only day two and i woke up terribly swollen and in pain and i cant even chew lol

COME ON. No one’s made a gay joke yet? You guys have let me down.

and today my mouth burst open and a massive flow of blood came out and i had to go to the ER to stop it. i also havient been eating at all, just no appitite and it hurts to much :frowning:

Muscle Milk. Lived on it after I had bonegrafing done in my jaw.

Buy a four pack or so of ready to drink protein drinks. You can buy only as many as you need and not get stuck with any extra protein.

[quote]deapee wrote:
I was just thinking about this today on my drive home for some stupid reason.

Anyway, I decided that if I couldn’t eat solids, I’d put some cooked ground beef into the blender mixed with about 2 cups of milk and some strawberries.

It’s been my experience that no matter what you put in the blender, as long as you add strawberries, the strawberries are all that you can taste anyway.[/quote]

brilliant! yeah i always put cottage cheese in my smoothies, with stawberries of course, and although i can smell the cottage cheese, i can’t taste it. it’s a shame, i rather like the taste.