Protein while Sleeping vs Not Sleeping because Up Peeing

Deload weeks I sleep very well since I don’t really pound as much protein during the day OR more importantly right before I go to bed. I usually down a slow absorbing casein/other mix right before bed during non-deload weeks, but my sleep is poor since I get up 1-4 times a night having to drain.

Which is more important, sleep or protein while sleeping?

Anything I can do to alter this? Maybe cottage cheese instead of a shake? I don’t put much liquid in my shakes already though).

Thoughts appreciated. I like the sleeps I get during deload and wish I had them the other 3 weeks of the month :frowning:

Get a bladder upgrade.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Get a bladder upgrade. [/quote]

That’s part of the strange thing, I have quite a large bladder normally. For some reason protein before bed really messes it up though.

So try the cottage cheese for a while. See if it helps.

Am going to do and thanks for the advice.

But my original question remains, what is ‘better’ for me? Obviously ‘both’ is the correct answer but if one had to choose…

• Protein at night
  • Sleeping the night?

I drink a shake before I fall asleep.

I pee 1-3 times per night.

I still grow.

:confused:

I’d try something solid and see how that goes. Obviously you want a magic answer, but there isn’t one. Sadly, but realistically, you will continue to pee if you continue doing the same thing. :confused:

Dam i have never had to consitantly had to wake up to pee. Maybe every once in a while but not every night. I do drink Majority of my liquids at around 5pm and usually pee them any were between 8-10.

[quote]BrockStone wrote:

But my original question remains, what is ‘better’ for me? Obviously ‘both’ is the correct answer but if one had to choose…

• Protein at night
  • Sleeping the night?

[/quote]

Sleep wins easily. Just get your protein in during the day. You won’t shrink if you stop having it at night.

[quote]BrockStone wrote:

• Protein at night
  • Sleeping the night?

[/quote]

Forget the protein at night. Many supplement companies try to push that nonsense in order to make more money. I just read one article (not on this site) where one company is encouraging people to wake up twice during the night to consume protein, and I’m sure they’ll be plenty of gullible young guys thinking this will actually work. Deep sleep is far and away more important than protein at night. when you sleep deeply your body produces more HGH which is, as you know, needed for muscle growth and health as well. There is a number of things good quality deep sleep helps you with. Forget the protein and go to bed.

I’m in the same boat, if I drink any liquids prior to hopping in bed I wake up at least twice to piss, I have no idea why. I used to have a shake but now I do cottage cheese+ natty PB. Not only do I no longer have to wake up to pee, but it keeps me full much longer so I don’t wake up in the morning feeling like my body is devouring itself.

Sleep is when you release GH. What good is protein if you don’t maximize your growth potential?

Just get in the protein during the day.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Sleep is when you release GH. What good is protein if you don’t maximize your growth potential?

Just get in the protein during the day.[/quote]

X2

Thanks for the replies all.

I will try cottage cheese a bit before bed and if that doesn’t work I will cut night-time protein out entirely.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
So try the cottage cheese for a while. See if it helps. [/quote]

Completely unrelated, but exactly how many time a year do you change your avatar?

I’ve only had two on T-Nation.

Why do you ask? Should I change more?

[quote]BrockStone wrote:

[/quote]

He wasn’t asking you. lol.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]BrockStone wrote:

[/quote]

He wasn’t asking you. lol.[/quote]

Doh…that’ll teach me to actually read the quote.

My thread so he MUST be talking to me.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Completely unrelated, but exactly how many time a year do you change your avatar? [/quote]

I’m pretty sure this is the 4th avatar I’ve ever used. So I guess the answer is around twice. Are you stalking me?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Completely unrelated, but exactly how many time a year do you change your avatar? [/quote]

I’m pretty sure this is the 4th avatar I’ve ever used. So I guess the answer is around twice. Are you stalking me? [/quote]

Bonez, your profile only says new york but doesn’t give your exact address. What’s up with that?