T Nation

Protein Type Question

i take Prolabs N-large 2 in the morning and when i get home from school, (half each time). How does it compair to other protien shakes.

I dont know but if i were to guess…your best strategy would be to take whey protien right befor your workout and in the morning as a wakeup, and something like Grow! with alot of casine right befor bed…Is this correct? any other methods or strategys to getting the most out of your protien types?

You could save yourself some money and buy a cheap jug of syrup or sugar and eat it with a spoon along with some milk or cheese. That would be a better replacement for the N-large 2 crap. Your simply paying for sugar laden Poo.

Best strategy. Drop the crap protein/sugar powder. Concentrate on REAL FOOD. Meats, dairy, eggs, fruit veggies, etc…

Pre w/o get either a good meal in an hour 1/2 or so before or if short on time something like Surge. After More Surge. Before bed Yes Grow! would be great as would REAL DAMN FOOD!!! Cottage cheese, meats fats etc…

All in all hoqwever if you are looking for one protein powder to use. Low-Carb Grow! would be your best choice. It gives you a mix of fast and slow digesting protein. You can then add GOOD carbs and or Fats to it as needed.

Hope that helps,

Oh same answer to your other post, what supplements for football. A quality protein Powder Like Grow!. PWO nutrition like Surge. Above all nail a solid diet consisting of various REAL foods.

Not trying to flame you to much and please come back with any further question that we can help with

Good Luck,
Phill

[quote]nickbuisson wrote:
i take Prolabs N-large 2 in the morning and when i get home from school, (half each time). How does it compair to other protien shakes.

I dont know but if i were to guess…your best would be to take whey protien right befor your workout and in the morning as a wakeup, and something like Grow! with alot of casine right befor bed…Is this correct? any other methods or strategys to getting the most out of your protien types?[/quote]

I just heard from a pretty big athlete that N-Large 2 was the shit…what is Surge? what will it do for me and how should i take it? Im also very interested in Spike but cant determin if its a steriod…for personal reasons i dont want to get close at all to steriods…any help with those ones?

[quote]nickbuisson wrote:
I just heard from a pretty big athlete that N-Large 2 was the shit…

[/quote]N-Large 2 is not worth the money. I don’t care how big this “athlete” is.

[quote]what is Surge? what will it do for me and how should i take it?

[/quote]Surge is the end-all / be-all of post-workout nutrition.

Nick,
It is apparent that you have put little effort on your part to educate yourself. What separates T-Nation from other sites is the knowledge base, not only in the contribs. but in each poster. Being part of our community is a two-way street. Numerous people are more-than-willing to help, but you will only get out what you put in.

Supplements are an important addition to a well-thought-out training and nutrition program. Grab yourself some food and read:

Top 30 Nutrition Articles
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;?id=629609

At your age and development you need not consider excessive supplements. Stick to any of the Grow! Proteins and Surge.

The ingredients to N-Large 2 are whey protein concentrate, maltodextrin, fructose. The rest is flavoring.

As you can see, it’s nothing special. Like the above post says, you could just buy straight whey and eat it with sugar.

Here’s what I think you should do: Take the N-large 2 before, during, and after your workout. (I’m assuming you’re trying to get big and strong). Dilute it with a lot of water. When that stuff runs out, don’t buy any more. Buy Surge and use it in the same way.