Protein Tablets?

A few months ago somebody posted, wondering whether food would ever be available in a pill. It looks like a company is selling “Rifle” protein tablets.

Any thoughts and has anybody tried this?

If you need protein, may I suggest a nice filet mignon? At the most expensive restaurant you can find…

These tablets are a rip-off. You get 60 grams of protein in the whole bottle. The bottle costs $39.

A 8 ounce piece of steak has more protein.

The volume of protien would make for a prety huge pill to swallow. Either that or a whole bunch of small ones. either way, it doesn’t sound too good. I like shakes.

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
The volume of protien would make for a prety huge pill to swallow. Either that or a whole bunch of small ones. either way, it doesn’t sound too good. I like shakes.
[/quote]

I looked them up. They contain a whopping TWO GRAMS of protein per serving. I know, my heart won’t stop racing either.

Oh, wait, that’s just gas…damned protein enriched pasta.

I agree with the others. Just an uber waste of money.

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
If you need protein, may I suggest a nice filet mignon? At the most expensive restaurant you can find…

These tablets are a rip-off. You get 60 grams of protein in the whole bottle. The bottle costs $39.

A 8 ounce piece of steak has more protein.[/quote]

Thanks, but I eat on average a 10 oz piece of top round every day. Preferably under $3 per/pound.

I am just curious, because it is actually food in a pill !!!

Even if they were cheaper than protien shakes - who wants to pop tablets all day?

only need 50-100 tabs per day… lol

“Ground control to Major Tom…”

[I think this is a little obscure, even for me]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I looked them up. They contain a whopping TWO GRAMS of protein per serving. I know, my heart won’t stop racing either.
[/quote]

lol …

which is why they list it in “mg” … they do say that the grams are not important … it is about protein subfraction and some other things …

is this all junk science?

[quote]David Barr wrote:

[I think this is a little obscure, even for me][/quote]

“Take your protein pills and put your helmet on…”

la’
Redsol1

[quote]Jagrazor wrote:
Even if they were cheaper than protien shakes - who wants to pop tablets all day?

only need 50-100 tabs per day… lol[/quote]

Actually, it takes a whopping FOUR pills to get the 2 grams of protein. In order to get my protein intake, I’d have to take 600+ pills per day!

How can you guys be so critical?

I personally am stoked to get my “8,000mg of peptide-bonded amino acids!!!”

Food occupies volume. There are limitations to how much you can cram protein molecules together.

beef

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
David Barr wrote:

[I think this is a little obscure, even for me]

“Take your protein pills and put your helmet on…”

la’
Redsol1
[/quote]

this is major tom to ground control,
Im stepping through the door!
And Im floating in a most peculiar way!

Everybody now!

‘Planet earth is blue, and ther’s nothing I can do’?