Protein Supplements & Allergies

I recently mentioned to a friend of mine that if she wanted to supplement with protein, it should be with a whey/casein blend, and suggested Metabolic Drive, but she’s got a nasty allergy to all nuts, and apparently Metabolic Drive contains tree nuts. Is there anybody that knows if there are any good whey/casein blends that don’t contain any kind of nuts?

Why does it have to be a whey/casein blend?

That’s a pretty good question lol. She’s trying to lose weight, and I’ve read about the effects casein protein moving slowly through your body, so I just figured a blend of the two would be better.

Then you could go with all casein protein, for the slow release. Optimum Nutrition has one, and you can get a good price on-line.

For weight loss, I would rather do egg protein as a supplement. (less bloating, medium assimilation time) Universal makes a good one.

Are you sure it contains nuts? I have a friend that’s allegic to gluten. Notwithstanding that the Metabolic Drive label contins a warning as to wheat, she tolerates it just fine. I’d send an e-mail to customer service to confirm.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Are you sure it contains nuts? I have a friend that’s allegic to gluten. Notwithstanding that the Metabolic Drive label contins a warning as to wheat, she tolerates it just fine. I’d send an e-mail to customer service to confirm.[/quote]

“Allergen warning: Contains milk, soy, tree nuts (hazelnut) and wheat ingredients.”