Protein Sources Besides Dairy?

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Liquid Amino Acids…[/quote]

In most cases, these are simply liquid collagen, which is largely useless for building muscle.

I wouldn’t really call bison bizarre, I would eat it everyday if it wasn’t so damn expensive. But I what I meant was that there is a huge variety when it comes to meat, it’s not like chicken is your only option.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:
Seriously, how many different kinds of nuts and meats are out there? What more are you hoping for?

I think she is asking for specific examples…you know, tuna, beef, chicken, puppies, etc.[/quote]

I’ll play along I suppose.

tuna
salmon
any other damn fish
chicken
eggs
egg whites
deer
elk
horse
cow
Kangaroo
Alligator
Bison
Moose
Crab
Shrimp
Lobster
Muscles
Oysters
Claims
Scallops

well there’s a short list of things I have personally cooked up.

Moose huh? Never tried that. I can’t wait to move back to MT where the hubby’s from so I can have deer and elk and stuff like that cheap. Just go out in your backyard and shoot one! His dad shoots 1 or 2 a year and has a freezer full. They never buy meat from the store.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Muscles

[/quote]

Cannibal.

I hear lawyers are a good source of protein.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I hear lawyers are a good source of protein.[/quote]

Naw, we’re tough. You have to beat us with a mallet to really make us edible.

Not that I’m trying to give you any suggestions.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
Moose huh? Never tried that. I can’t wait to move back to MT where the hubby’s from so I can have deer and elk and stuff like that cheap. Just go out in your backyard and shoot one! His dad shoots 1 or 2 a year and has a freezer full. They never buy meat from the store.[/quote]

Haha yea Mosse, but if you ever shoot one, make sure you have friends to share the meat with first!

Otherwise you’ll have it in your freezer for years…

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

Muscles

Cannibal.[/quote]

What can I say other than I bite :slight_smile:

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:
Moose huh? Never tried that. I can’t wait to move back to MT where the hubby’s from so I can have deer and elk and stuff like that cheap. Just go out in your backyard and shoot one! His dad shoots 1 or 2 a year and has a freezer full. They never buy meat from the store.

Haha yea Mosse, but if you ever shoot one, make sure you have friends to share the meat with first!

Otherwise you’ll have it in your freezer for years…[/quote]

Yeah, I think I’ll start with the Elk and Deer and work my way up. How much does an average moose weigh?? I would think they’d be pretty heavy to have to drag out of the woods (I’m not a hunter so I don’t exactly know how all that works).

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:

Yeah, I think I’ll start with the Elk and Deer and work my way up. How much does an average moose weigh?? I would think they’d be pretty heavy to have to drag out of the woods (I’m not a hunter so I don’t exactly know how all that works).[/quote]

It works like this in MT…you grow old waiting for your number to come up in a lottery. If your number comes up you better get a moose because you can’t even enter the lottery for another 7 years.

Or you could just go to Alaska. I think they have a daily bag limit of 3 moose.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:

Yeah, I think I’ll start with the Elk and Deer and work my way up. How much does an average moose weigh?? I would think they’d be pretty heavy to have to drag out of the woods (I’m not a hunter so I don’t exactly know how all that works).[/quote]

On average an adult moose stands (1.5 - 1.8 m)(5 to 6 feet) high. Males weigh (850 to 1180 lbs.)(385 - 534 kg) and females (600 to 800 lbs)(270 - 362 kg).

The only thing dragging it out of the woods is a truck!

The girl I was dating at the time shot and killed a small female one.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
Cutting out dairy is outdated misinformation.

Really, carbs outdated? Explain if you will.[/quote]

Watch your tone to Miss Jillybop! :wink:

She did say dairy, not carbs. And different people can get away with different amounts of each macronutrient. A friend of mine takes in a high percentage of his intake as carbs yet lives in the 8-10% range year round. On the other hand I get the vast majority of my carbs from fruits, vegetables and legumes, otherwise I get pudgy.

Obviously it is a whole different discussion if you are talking about becoming contest ready.

Christopher

[quote]cr1404 wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
Rach2784 wrote:

Yeah, I think I’ll start with the Elk and Deer and work my way up. How much does an average moose weigh?? I would think they’d be pretty heavy to have to drag out of the woods (I’m not a hunter so I don’t exactly know how all that works).

It works like this in MT…you grow old waiting for your number to come up in a lottery. If your number comes up you better get a moose because you can’t even enter the lottery for another 7 years.

Or you could just go to Alaska. I think they have a daily bag limit of 3 moose.

[/quote]

Or Maine. Not sure of they have a limit. I’m about 90% sure my ex shot the moose without a permit anyway lol. She had a little red on her neck if you know what I mean.

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
You are calling us ignorant? you’re the one who has been training for 6 years but asking questions that people that have been training for 6 weeks ask.

You can eat beans when cutting, they are full of fiber. Some people can cut on over 100g of carbs. I’m 12 weeks out right now and eat 125g on my training days and 30 on my off days.

If you know your nutrition, then what the hell is your question?[/quote]

I usually find the most ignorant people possible then ask them questions. LOL

I agree with Rach2784. Legumes are an excellent source of fiber. And different people can get away with different amounts of each macro nutrient while cutting. When I “cut” I also intake more carbs on my training days and less when not training.

Christopher (One of the ignorant)

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
Jillybop wrote:

Really, carbs outdated? Explain if you will.[/quote]

most cheese has minimal carbs

if you mean cutting out milk then i agree

[quote]Rach2784 wrote:
I wouldn’t really call bison bizarre, I would eat it everyday if it wasn’t so damn expensive. But I what I meant was that there is a huge variety when it comes to meat, it’s not like chicken is your only option.[/quote]

Bison burgers are my favorite.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
Jillybop wrote:

Really, carbs outdated? Explain if you will.

most cheese has minimal carbs

if you mean cutting out milk then i agree[/quote]

i do,i did

Squats and milk.