Protein Shakers and Xenoestrogens

This may possibly be an incredibly overanalytical and dumb question, but anyway, since protein shakers are made of plastic, wont there be released small amounts of xenoestrogens if you use the same for a while? I know that polycarbonate plastics contain xenoestrogens, but i have noe clue wheter protein shakers are made of it.

Well since most of the stores around here have removed products containing them. It would be logical to think yes. Get some new shakers anyway.

I believe the xenoestrogen issue is only relevant if you’re heating the plastic.

So, unless you’re microwaving your protein shakes, I think you’re safe.

Aren’t the tubs the protein comes in plastic?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Aren’t the tubs the protein comes in plastic?[/quote]

We’re fucked!

Who cares

jnnak…i care because i don’t really want mitties. I take ZMA, fish oil, and grape seed extract for that reason. Hopefully you don’t drink too much beer. Since beer is rather estrogenic. As Poliquin says “You don’t see tits on men in France.”

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Aren’t the tubs the protein comes in plastic?

We’re fucked![/quote]

Damn it! So now I can’t shake my protein or eat it!

I think the protein shaker thing has merit though as we all through them in the dishwasher. Clearly this would break down the plastic…and I’ve been using the same one for years. Crappppp

It’s more of a big deal when liquid sits in the plastic for an extended period of time. I’m sure many water bottles on shelves have been filled for a year. A couple minutes in a protein shaker isn’t too bad.

I keep my shaker cup in the freezer so I dont have to wash it.

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
I keep my shaker cup in the freezer so I dont have to wash it. [/quote]

Now that is a good idea.

Will the polyester suits I wear at night, when I sweat the most, give me gyno? Would you guys recommend novadex XT or REZ-V for this?

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Scrotus wrote:
I keep my shaker cup in the freezer so I dont have to wash it.

Now that is a good idea.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I think it is genetic, because after a started doing that my dad tells me that when my grandpa had to stay from home to work he would put all his plates in the freezer until grandma came and cleaned them all.