Protein Shake Mixer Bottles

So what do you guys use, what works good, what didn’t, and where did you purchase what you use?

I cant find anything in my town except your standard Nalgene brands, but nothing with a mixer. Been thinking of a gravey mixer like what tupperware sells with the propeller blades to stir it up as you shake.

Maybe T-Nation needs to come up with a good one with their logo on it and sell them on the site!

… I don’t think there’s anything much to a “good” shaker bottle. Its a plastic cup with a sippy lid, and a little plastic fan wheel inside to break up chunks. The top gets screwed or snapped on. Everyone and their brother makes one, and I doubt there’s all that much difference in quality(with possible oddball exceptions).

They put some Biotest and HOT-ROX shaker bottles out a few years back. I got mine with a vendor promo.

my gnc ones (which i got for free) are good though im not sure i’d pay the 10 bucks or something for them… I got one from another supp co. when i bought some crap whey protein from them a long time ago and the thing is crap (leaks, lid doesnt stay on). Find one with a good screw on lid and cap.

i use a mason jar. just shake it real good. plastic is bad news. the more you use it/wash it the more it leaches into your food. even nalgene.

24-Hour Fitness sells a cheap one that works well, if you have a 24-Hour Fitness nearby. Yeah it has their logo on it, but it costs like $3.00, and it works adequately.

Ingestion of plastic never hurt anyone because it just comes out in your waste. If you happen to be one of those people that likes to put plastic bags over your head so you can’t breathe then that’s another story.

[quote]PKP284 wrote:
Ingestion of plastic never hurt anyone because it just comes out in your waste. If you happen to be one of those people that likes to put plastic bags over your head so you can’t breathe then that’s another story.[/quote]

Sez who? There are many toxic substances in plastics.

Generally if you can avoid it, you should never reheat anything in the microwave in a plastic container. Small numbers of plastic particles will get into your food. And it IS bad for you.

Coke and Mike are absolutely right. At the least don’t put plastic in the microwave. In fact microwaving your food in general probably isn’t that great an idea. Mason Jars? Creative, but that would mean ALot of broken glass for me. As it is I’ve broken plenty of shakers. Vitamin Shoppe has them, so does GNC, and if you go online to just about any bulk vitamin site they have them too.

I would LOVE to have a Testosterone shaker. In fact when the T-Jack came out I had a suggestion. Testosterone shakers with nipple looking tops to make you even more eager to drink your shakes:-) They haven’t gotten back to me on that one.

The GNC pro performance one’s are the best, the screw on top is so much better than the one’s that pop on less chance of accidents. I have probably have about 10 of them now

Ditto, screw on top and some sort of screen or fan.

I personally like the screen better than the fan.

Go to Walmart and get your self one of those hand blenders you can make smoothies with them in any large glass. They work great and all you have to do is rinse it in the sink when your done. They work as well as a regular blender. I just bought one for $10. way better than the shakers.

I’ve got a couple * cough * GNC * cough * bottles that work quite well, along with some Nalgenes.

I used to have one of the promotional Biotest HOT-ROX Nalgenes (which rocked by the way), until I accidentally left it in a buddie’s car. When I asked him about it, he said “Oh, that rank thing? I tossed it.”

Damn month old protein smell strikes again. Yeah, you know the one. :wink:

Anyways, I think some new T-Nation tribal shakers would be uber sweet!

[quote]superpimp wrote:
The GNC pro performance one’s are the best, the screw on top is so much better than the one’s that pop on less chance of accidents. I have probably have about 10 of them now[/quote]

yep, GNC’s shaker bottle is pretty good, and only 4 or 5 bucks. the lid has a gasket so it wont leak, the little fan in it helps make shakes pretty smooth, and it has a sipping hole, and a hole to let air in on the other side so you can easily pour the shake out.

I’m a cheap skate. I use a couple of pint milk bottles I got at the grocery store. They work fine. They don’t have anyones name on them, and they leak sometimes, but what do you expect for free.

My funniest experience was a few months ago I forgot a shaker and wanted some Surge after my workout, well I took a piece of paper, the one’s that have the aerobics scheduale on, folded into a funnel and poured it into my liter of Poland Spings, it worked

[quote]superpimp wrote:
My funniest experience was a few months ago I forgot a shaker and wanted some Surge after my workout, well I took a piece of paper, the one’s that have the aerobics scheduale on, folded into a funnel and poured it into my liter of Poland Spings, it worked[/quote]

Sure beats the ole ‘chocolate milk in a pinch’ approach.

A heaping rush of carbs and dizziness do not mix. Whoa. :wink:

Used Gatorade bottle.

Free (almost), it has a screw on lid, and if you lose it, so what.

[quote]Scott1010220 wrote:
Used Gatorade bottle.

Free (almost), it has a screw on lid, and if you lose it, so what.[/quote]

Nice Avatar.

[quote]MR MARINE wrote:
Go to Walmart and get your self one of those hand blenders you can make smoothies with them in any large glass. They work great and all you have to do is rinse it in the sink when your done. They work as well as a regular blender. I just bought one for $10. way better than the shakers.[/quote]

agreed.

shakers suck, and the leak and old whey smells big time