Protein Shake Makes Me Feel Bloated

I am new to serious working out and I just started a new diet. I am trying to have a protein shake b/f and after working out. However, after I drank my first shake I was seriously bloated. The shake was 3 scoops of Opticen protein powder, med banana, tbl of peanut butter mixed in 2 cups of skim mild. Any ideas? Or is this just normal?

If bloating is going to be a problem for you quitting now is the best advice anyone can give you.

Drink the shake further away from your workout so it can digest a bit.

I have switched to whole foods both pre and post. I dont get that bloated, full feeling anymore and feel better also. I have noticed no change with liquid vs solid foods, or fast carbs vs slow carbs.

Most important is getting food before and after your workout. What way you do it is up to you and your preference.

Also, if new to protein powders there’s usually the need to acclimate your gut to them. Your gut will usually adapt after a period of time and there isn’t a problem. Also, quality of protein can cause problems. I couldn’t use EAS protein due it it giving me WMD like never ending gas. I don’t have that problem with Metabolic Drive however.

D

ive found for whatever reason mixing a banana with milk and protein powder bloats me as well. tweak the recipe and remove the banana one time, see if that works. If not remove the peanut butter or something else, like i said just mess around with it but keep the calories comin…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
If bloating is going to be a problem for you quitting now is the best advice anyone can give you.

Drink the shake further away from your workout so it can digest a bit. [/quote]

lol bonez you are cracking me up today.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

lol bonez you are cracking me up today.[/quote]

whoa dude wtf, where did the facial hair come from? lol last pic i saw of you you looked 16 in the face…

Digestive enzymes.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Digestive enzymes. [/quote]

X2 and to help you out look at Bromelain.

does milk make you feel bloated by itself?

[quote]diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

whoa dude wtf, where did the facial hair come from? lol last pic i saw of you you looked 16 in the face…[/quote]

haha I think the only picture I’ve ever posted on here without facial hair was a “before” picture when I was 16.

I must say that this is the first time someone has told me I look like I’m 16 hahaha.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
Digestive enzymes. [/quote]

X2

BONEZ217 wrote:

lol bonez you are cracking me up today.[/quote]

Lol yea it’s a light hearted comment, but not completely off base. I mean who has put on a good amount of muscle and not felt bloated for weeks on end? Besides the genetically gifted meso’s out there. It just goes with the territory.

diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

whoa dude wtf, where did the facial hair come from? lol last pic i saw of you you looked 16 in the face…

haha I think the only picture I’ve ever posted on here without facial hair was a “before” picture when I was 16.

I must say that this is the first time someone has told me I look like I’m 16 hahaha.[/quote]

i made a specific indication of “in the face” lol the neck down was obviously not 16 no homo…

It is the lactose plus the fact your ‘protein’ shake is actually a liquid meal with fibre that will have a significant amount of calories.

I suggest you train your brain as well as your… whatever.

waylanderxx wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

I must say that this is the first time someone has told me I look like I’m 16 hahaha.

i made a specific indication of “in the face” lol the neck down was obviously not 16 no homo…[/quote]

Nah sorry mate, but that is totally ‘homo’…! lmao!

[quote]J-J wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

i made a specific indication of “in the face” lol the neck down was obviously not 16 no homo…

Nah sorry mate, but that is totally ‘homo’…! lmao![/quote]

hahah i tried man theres no other way…

J-J wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
diamonddelts59 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:

Nah sorry mate, but that is totally ‘homo’…! lmao!

hahah i tried man theres no other way…[/quote]

I feel so violated.