Protein Recommendations from BBing Coaches

For the most part, I haven’t seen improvement going over 1 g per lb. But I’d like a coach’s opinion: what protein intake have you seen work for most people and get good results as pertaining to muscle gain?

Ah forget it, people viewed it but didn’t reply, and anyway, the coaches are probably going to say they’ve had great results, because no one even analyzes the results, or they only analyze it for themselves.

It’s more of an issue than protein/lb mass. 1g per lb might be the highest effective ratio as far as your body utilizing the protein is concerned but, if your diet would then come out to less calories than you need to take in, what do you do?

It’s like what people were saying when Dr. Lowery mentioned that studies seem to indicate that your body can’t fully process more than 20g of protein per sitting. If you eat that much 7 times per day, it’s 140g protein. How many people on this site only eat 140g of protein in a day?

Once you’ve filled a certain level, it comes down to how many more calories you need to eat and how many of them should come from protein. If you want to get big, you gotta eat a lot and protein has the least negative impact on body comp.

There are too many variatble to just boil it down to protein intake. You may be getting ‘enough’ protein to fulfill what you consider your ‘requirements’, but not enough overall cals, or even enough rest or hypertophic geared stimulation to gain a single lb of lbm.

S

Thank you to all. I have a friend whose a personal trainer and he recommended me this: 250 g of protein, 200 g of carbs, and 22 g of fat. I’m thinking there’s no way I could gain off this! I’m right right? or because of the high intake or protein, it COULD promote growth?

2504=1000
4=800
22*9=198

You tell me.

Coming in at just under 2000kcal, unless you’re a 105lb woman no, you will not grow on that diet.

Your “trainer” buddy is a moron.

You need a caloric surplus to even think about building muscle.

I wish but he’s the biggest guy I’ve seen in San Diego, coming in at 230 lb RIPPED. v-taper and everything

[quote]vcjha wrote:
Thank you to all. I have a friend whose a personal trainer and he recommended me this: 250 g of protein, 200 g of carbs, and 22 g of fat. I’m thinking there’s no way I could gain off this! I’m right right? or because of the high intake or protein, it COULD promote growth?[/quote]

How would we know if you can gain off this if we’ve never seen how you’re put together, how much you train, and your weight and fat percentage? Did you even ask him why he recommended that and what he based those recommendations on?