Protein Pre/Post Workout Question

Okay,

So after doing some reading, I’m a bit confused. Should I be taking the Low-Carb Metabolic Drive after workout at night? And what protein should I be taking BEFORE I work out?

Thanks.

Fast acting, from a drink such as Surge before/after a workout.

High carb after a workout if you are planning on adding muscle.

Low Carb Metabolic Drive would be used as a meal replacement during the day, a supplementary shake to a meal or a pre-bed shake, not directly after a workout.

Don’t take Metabolic Drive after you work out.

If you take any protein before your workout, take whey. After workout, take whey. Casein is only to be used before bedtime or as a meal-replacement.

Apparently you didn’t read enough.

Apparently :slight_smile:

Id take fast acting protein and slow acting at the same time… if I could afford them. My ideal post workout would be

1 scoop Whey (in milk), chugged soon after workout
1 scoop Metabolic Drive (in milk) while I cook some chicken.
about 10oz of chicken , with 24-32oz of 2% milk.

Thats about 202 grams of protein of various types and qualities within 1 hour of working out.

[quote]HunterKiller wrote:
Id take fast acting protein and slow acting at the same time… if I could afford them. My ideal post workout would be

Thats about 202 grams of protein of various types and qualities within 1 hour of working out.[/quote]

Uhh overkill?

[quote]bw1985 wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Thats about 202 grams of protein of various types and qualities within 1 hour of working out.

Uhh overkill?[/quote]

Human body can process I think up to 400grams at once, but I duno is it?

Human body can process I think up to 400grams at once, but I duno is it?[/quote]

Cite references and sources of this information please.

bw1985 wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Uhh overkill?

Human body can process I think up to 400grams at once, but I duno is it?[/quote]

can you say GLUCONEOGENESIS?

[quote]rsg wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:
Human body can process I think up to 400grams at once, but I duno is it?

Cite references and sources of this information please.[/quote]

"The small intestine has the capacity to absorb 500-700 grams of amino acids.(6) Although the complete digestion and absorption rates do slightly decrease from an overload of protein, it’s not that big of a drop.

Besides, not every last amino acid will be used for muscle tissue. It also serves as an energy source as well as a key component in important hormones and neurotransmitters. You’re better off consuming a higher amount to ensure that there’s sufficient amounts of amino acids available for muscle tissue."

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=461429

I am surprised you missed this article it was a good one.