Protein Powder.

Alright so I unfortunately cannot purchase Surge or Grow! or anything like that. The only place I can buy protein power is from GNC, or price costco (ha)…but seriosuly so GNC is where I buy protein powder. Anyone shop there here?..and can anyone tell me what they “best” kinda protein is…

I usually buy the “100% WHEY”. ON the back it says its a blend of ultra filtered whey protein concentrate, along with Ion exchanged whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey peptides. And it also says that this triple source of protein complex is an excellent source of dietary protein and has an outstanding protein efficiency ratio. SOO if anyone can tell me if its good (it contains 21g protein)…

What would be awesome is if someone could tell me a good protein powder from GNC that they’ve tried and maybe even a pic of it or a link to their website to show me what kind it is. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks

dl-

Its a solid choice.

I use ON’s 100% as well. I use the vanilla which gives me 23 grams of protein per serving. As far as whey protein goes, ON has the best price to qaulity ratio in my opinion.

Other brands i have tried and liked were champion, problab and allmaxx.

Last time I looked, both Surge and Grow! are about the same price (or less) than silimar proteins you can buy from GNC…

[quote]dl- wrote:
Alright so I unfortunately cannot purchase Surge or Grow! or anything like that. The only place I can buy protein power is from GNC, or price costco (ha)…but seriosuly so GNC is where I buy protein powder. Anyone shop there here?..and can anyone tell me what they “best” kinda protein is…

I usually buy the “100% WHEY”. ON the back it says its a blend of ultra filtered whey protein concentrate, along with Ion exchanged whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey peptides. And it also says that this triple source of protein complex is an excellent source of dietary protein and has an outstanding protein efficiency ratio. SOO if anyone can tell me if its good (it contains 21g protein)…

What would be awesome is if someone could tell me a good protein powder from GNC that they’ve tried and maybe even a pic of it or a link to their website to show me what kind it is. Just trying to get the best bang for my buck. Thanks

dl- [/quote]

Yes, why can’t you purchase Surge or Grow! The only thing that I could think of besides price (which wouldn’t seem to be an issue)is if you’re a teenager and can’t purchase online via credit card.

[quote]Charles Staley wrote:
Last time I looked, both Surge and Grow! are about the same price (or less) than silimar proteins you can buy from GNC…

[/quote]

When I worked at GNC, my boss had told me that ON actually makes the 100% Whey and a couple other proteins for GNC. Not sure if it’s true, but he seemed to know what he was talking about.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Yes, why can’t you purchase Surge or Grow! The only thing that I could think of besides price (which wouldn’t seem to be an issue)is if you’re a teenager and can’t purchase online via credit card.

Charles Staley wrote:
Last time I looked, both Surge and Grow! are about the same price (or less) than silimar proteins you can buy from GNC…[/quote]

Coach and JS, living in countries that FedEx doesn’t ship to would be (one of) the reason people can’t purchase Biotest products directly from T-Nation.

Some fellow Aussies on board having been talking about it…

Geek boy

[quote]geekboy wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

Charles Staley wrote:

Coach and JS, living in countries that FedEx doesn’t ship to would be (one of) the reason people can’t purchase Biotest products directly from T-Nation.

Some fellow Aussies on board having been talking about it…

Geek boy[/quote]

Cool. I didn’t think of that. Makes sense. If there’s a place to buy hydrolyzed whey (and dex and malto for that matter) locally I’d recommend that. Probably cheaper than GNC. At least it is in the U.S.

I buy all my protein at Costco…no complaints. It’s cheap as hell and tastes pretty good! And based on urine tests we did in lab once it “seems” to live up to label claims.

Well there is one brand of protein at Costco I saw and only 16g of protein per serving, So I don’t know I was just thinking of something that I could get from GNC cause I got a golden card from there so I get lower prices lol. But yeah if anyone else knows of any good protein products over at GNC, post em in here.

dl-

The Costcos around here carry Pro-Rated protein from. I used it for about a year before starting to use Low-Carb Grow! as my primary MRP. The macronutrient breakdown for the Pro-Rated is very similar to Grow! (22g protein, minimal carbs and fat, 120kCal), though I don’t think the quality is quite as high (not that I think it’s bad). It’s also cheap - $20 for a 6lb tub.

The main advantage Grow! has over it is the taste. I’ve now tried every flavor of Grow!, and I can honestly say that every one of them tastes great with just water. Pro-Rated with water isn’t great, but I really like the taste of it with skim milk (especially with a couple of tablespoons of natural peanut butter).

Breakfast
X ounces of skim milk
1 scoop chocolate Grow!
1 scoop chocolate ON Whey
1/2 or 1 cup raw oatmeal
1/2 or whole frozen banana

This gives you a small amount of simple carbs, some fast digesting protein, and some slower digesting protein. I have used this in the past and it was OK.

Pre Workout
X ounces of skim milk
1 scoop chocolate ON Whey
1/2 or 1 cup raw oatmeal
1/2 or whole frozen banana

I have used this pre workout in the past and it was OK.

With that said I still would recommend seeing if you could get some Grow!. I believe it to have a superior blend of proteins, and it tastes so much better. My wife and I are currently doing the Velocity Diet. We purchased 20 tubs of Grow!. I may be a little tired of “drinking” my meals, but in all honesty I am not tired of Grow!. There is no way I could do it using ON or any other brand I have tried in the past. And I have tried, to the best of my memory, at least 16 different brands.

Just my opinion.

Christopher

I too, have recently taken the plunge and started using Grow! in my daily routine.

I still use the ON 100%, but only mixed with fruit as a PWO shake, or in a breakfast shake, since it’s a faster acting protein. The Grow! is the best tasting powder I’ve had. The closest powder that I’ve tried is Micellar Matrix by ISS, and that tasted pretty good, but the cheapest I can find it is $33, still $10 MORE than Grow!. The Grow! is the best value for the money, considering the blend and the quality. The cheap stuff has its place, but Grow! is going to be a permanent staple for me from now on.

To be honest, I can’t even stomach the cheap stuff anymore UNLESS its mixed with something (milk, fruit, juice). Damn Grow! Now I’m spoiled! :slight_smile: