Protein Powder

I’m 18 years old, would you guys consider protein powder? Some say yes some say no, I want the definitive answer. What are the pros and cons, side effects if there are any etc.

Yes… IF your eating so much that you just can’t eat anymore and are still having problems gaining then ADD not substitute. If this is not a problem then don’t waste your money.

Side effects- Your wallet will get alittle smaller and possibly a little upset stomach mainly gas but doesn’t bother me.

It’s food.

Don’t overanalyze it.

If it’s more convenient for you to get more protein that way, then go for it.

[quote]Reed wrote:
a little upset stomach mainly gas but doesn’t bother me.[/quote]

Either you have a problem with lactose or you’re using crap protein. I had that issue when I was using the cheapest protein available. Since I’ve started buying higher quality stuff, it’s gone.

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

Either you have a problem with lactose or you’re using crap protein. I had that issue when I was using the cheapest protein available. Since I’ve started buying higher quality stuff, it’s gone.[/quote]

Hey man sorry I should have wrote that clearer. I meant to say that the only negitive side effect I had ever heard of was stomach and gas irritation but, I have never had a problem with it. I am the farthest thing from lactose intolorant I probably have atleast one source of dairy with every meal.

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]BiP wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

Either you have a problem with lactose or you’re using crap protein. I had that issue when I was using the cheapest protein available. Since I’ve started buying higher quality stuff, it’s gone.[/quote]

Hey man sorry I should have wrote that clearer. I meant to say that the only negitive side effect I had ever heard of was stomach and gas irritation but, I have never had a problem with it. I am the farthest thing from lactose intolorant I probably have atleast one source of dairy with every meal.[/quote]

Ah, that’s indeed clearer :slight_smile:

[quote]SliChillax wrote:
I’m 18 years old, would you guys consider protein powder? Some say yes some say no, I want the definitive answer. What are the pros and cons, side effects if there are any etc. [/quote]

Is there really a definitive answer when it comes to protein powder?