Protein Powder Timing

Hey guys, I’ve just picked up some whey protein and am wondering what the ideal time of day is to take it…i’m trying to gain weight but i need good weight, not fat… lifting 4 times a week, should i be takin protein before workout, after, morning, night …

help please?

I try to take consume about 20g of protein every 2-3 hours. Normally I eat solid food if it’s available, but if I’m in a hurry I’ll use a protein powder. There’s no special time of day to consume protein as far as I’m concerned. If you’re awake, you should be getting protein every couple of hours. Obiviously since you cannot consume protein in your sleep, getting some right before bed and first thing in the morning is important. Do not obsess about this though, sometimes I get tied up and don’t eat anything for 4-5 hours. It’s not optimal, but like someone said on another thread awhile ago, you’re not gonna die if you’re not getting protein every X number of hours.

PSYCH0_GUY, there’s no such thing as protein powder timing. It’s just food.

My suggestion would be to put your head down and just begin reading like crazy on diet and nutrition.

Start here:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=629609

After that, you can find more in the Articles section. Look for stuff by John Berardi, Lonnie Lowery, David Barr, etc.