Protein Powder Makes Me Sick

I have this problem when I take protein powder. Not that I get sick and throw up but I feel very full in a not so good way…like it doesn’t sit well you know? I can’t train after I take that and usually feel full/not good, for at least 4 to 5 hours.

Is this because I have protein of poor quality (isoflex from allmax nutrition)?

Is it because (I admit) I don’t eat a lot (2 to 3 meals a day)?

But this is usual for me, I just can’t train with something in my stomach it has to be empty or near empty. This is a real problem for me when it comes to scheduling.

Does anyone here knows what the problem could be?

Thank

I have to eat food with protein powder or I feel like horseshit.

I have never had such a problem, even when practically subsisting off of Protein powder due to not being able to get to a grocery store during the week while in college.

It may be a quality issue or you might just need time to adapt. Start feeding yourself more times per day and add in a shake with some of your solid meals, then have a shake between meals.

It almost seems like you’re unused to having a quick-hit of protein to the system (an almost always empty system). 2-3 meals a day?

Protein powders are designed specifically for fast, easy digestion. I’ve never heard of yours. I suggest you try another brand.
Hmmmmmm… Maybe Biotest???

[quote]neoplasme wrote:
I have this problem when I take protein powder. Not that I get sick and throw up but I feel very full in a not so good way…like it doesn’t sit well you know? I can’t train after I take that and usually feel full/not good, for at least 4 to 5 hours.

Is this because I have protein of poor quality (isoflex from allmax nutrition)?

Is it because (I admit) I don’t eat a lot (2 to 3 meals a day)?

But this is usual for me, I just can’t train with something in my stomach it has to be empty or near empty. This is a real problem for me when it comes to scheduling.

Does anyone here knows what the problem could be?

Thank[/quote]

I’ve tried isoflex (and still on it) for a whole year. Nothing but positive… Other than the taste that becomes weird after drinking the same flavor for 3-4 months.

I used to get this when I used a bad brand (aka Six Star or Body Fortress). I switched to NOW for a month and didn’t mind it, but it was still heavy-sitting. Been using ON or Grow! since September with no complaints.

Try a different brand and/or different type of whey (isolate, micellar casein, concentrate, etc.) Or you could even try goat, rice, egg, hemo, or gemma protein powder.

I sometimes have the problem with protein powders, but I think it depends on finding which brand works for you. Also I’ve found that it can also vary depending on what I’m mixing it with, whether it’s juice or water or milk. I used to mix things with milk but that has bothered my stomach with a lot of the powders I’ve bought recently.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Protein powders are designed specifically for fast, easy digestion. I’ve never heard of yours. I suggest you try another brand.
Hmmmmmm… Maybe Biotest???[/quote]

I agree with this.

Some powders have irritated my stomach, but I’ve never had a problem with Metabolic Drive.