T Nation

Protein Powder as a Meal?

Oi i eat like protein powder a WPI/WPC blend for a subsitute to a bit of meat every now and then. was just curious if there is a risk of some fat gain due to the fast absortion of the PP ? or is it fine ?

cheers for any help in advance

No.

If you REALLY need more of an in depth answer. No, unless you’re in a surplus and not working out very hard.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
No.

If you REALLY need more of an in depth answer. No, unless you’re in a surplus and not working out very hard.[/quote]

Dude, someone worried about fat gain from a protein shake is more than likely very turned around about more basic issues.

You should ask more questions of the OP before just giving an answer like that.

Like stats.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:
No.

If you REALLY need more of an in depth answer. No, unless you’re in a surplus and not working out very hard.[/quote]

Dude, someone worried about fat gain from a protein shake is more than likely very turned around about more basic issues.

You should ask more questions of the OP before just giving an answer like that.

Like stats.[/quote]

Good point. My assumption was that he’d read about how protein spikes insulin and got worried. Even then though, I suppose he’d have to be relatively new to this.

Lets just go with “no” and call it a day.

Maybe if you are on. the go, but at least add some peanut butter, coconut milk, nah fuck it just cook a steak

fast digestion make make it less filling than a casein shake. Which would be less filling than real food.

Protein is the only macronutrient that high consumption WON’T make you fat. I’ve never heard of anyone blimping up from eating too many egg whites or cans of tuna.

Hell there’s a fat loss program on this site called the V-Diet where you only drink protein shakes (for the most part) for 28 days!

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Protein is the only macronutrient that high consumption WON’T make you fat. I’ve never heard of anyone blimping up from eating too many egg whites or cans of tuna.

Hell there’s a fat loss program on this site called the V-Diet where you only drink protein shakes (for the most part) for 28 days![/quote]

No. If you have too many calories of anything you can get fat.

It’s just harder to do with tuna, chicken and the like.