Protein Per Serving?

So I was doing a little research on protein intake, and how much protein a person can consume in one serving. I have ran into mixed feeling about this, some say 20-30 grams in one serving, and others say as much as you can eat in one serving.

So I thought I would ask the members of T-Nation for there professional opinion.

[quote]10count wrote:
So I was doing a little research on protein intake, and how much protein a person can consume in one serving. I have ran into mixed feeling about this, some say 20-30 grams in one serving, and others say as much as you can eat in one serving.

So I thought I would ask the members of T-Nation for there professional opinion. [/quote]

Covered a TON!!! a search will turn up a lot.

Ill just give you something to think about.

a Tiny little 3oz eye of round steak has 24+ g of protein. Have you ever had a problem digesting two bites of steak???

[quote]Phill wrote:
10count wrote:

So I thought I would ask the members of T-Nation for there professional opinion.

Covered a TON!!! a search will turn up a lot.

Ill just give you something to think about.

a Tiny little 3oz eye of round steak has 24+ g of protein. Have you ever had a problem digesting two bites of steak???[/quote]

Your right about it being covered a ton. It covers how many grams of protein a person should take in a day not at one time or in one serving

a Tiny little 3oz eye of round steak has 24+ g of protein. Have you ever had a problem digesting two bites of steak???

No I haven’t but the question isn’t about people having a problem digesting the protein. The question is if your body can only use 20-30 grams of protein in a serving are you wasting the rest of the protein that you are taking in???

The 20-30 gram per serving “rule” is a myth… I thought it was coming from the producers from whey, who make everyone believe that because of their serving sizes.
Just divide your total protein intake into all your meals. I usally take 30-35 gram of protein in a meal, but I’m a woman :slight_smile:

[quote]MR1 wrote:
The 20-30 gram per serving “rule” is a myth… I thought it was coming from the producers from whey, who make everyone believe that because of their serving sizes.
Just divide your total protein intake into all your meals. I usally take 30-35 gram of protein in a meal, but I’m a woman :)[/quote]

Thank you for your reply. That’s what I thought I just wasn’t sure

I usually mix up my 10 gallon jug of protien and have one for breakfast every day.

Phil is correct. It has been covered. If you know about how much per day you need, then you just divide that number by how many meals you are going to have that day. I think that is the number you want?

I currently weigh 280 and am taking in ~300 grams of protein a day.

Christopher

[quote]10count wrote:

So I thought I would ask the members of T-Nation for there professional opinion. [/quote]

See Cool Tips on left side bar

Here is another good way of thinking about it. Say you go on an Uber low carb diet mainly protein. If you over eat above your maint. intake you can gain wieght and still get fat. If it(tons of protein) wasnt able to be digested and used you could eat as much as you wanted and never worry about getting fat.

[quote]TDog305 wrote:
10count wrote:

See Cool Tips on left side bar[/quote]

If it was a snake it would have bit me. thanks the cool tip explained it
thanks everyone for your professional input.