Protein Pancakes

Does anybody have a good protein pancake recipe?

eggs, protein powder or cottage cheese, then add anything else you want.

almond butter and two eggs. pretty fantastic actually. i’ll try adding powder next time to see what happens.

[quote]jacksmithbrew wrote:
Does anybody have a good protein pancake recipe?[/quote]

Add some whey to these bitches!

1 cup calorie countdown milk or regular milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 banana, 1 cup quick oats, 1 whole egg…blend it all together, makes great pancakes.

Top with peanut/almond butter…yum.

0.5 cup egg product, 0.75-1 cup of oats, 1-2 scoops (30-60 grams protein powder) mix it up and you’ve got 70 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs. Top it with natty pb and blueberries if you want some more carbs. They cook up really fast. I like to cook em 1 minnute or so on each side, and finish in the microwave on high . Smaller cakes are easier to cool consistently.

5 egg whites, 1 scoop whey, blueberries on top

200 cals, 40g protein, 0fat, 15g carbs

or use a whole egg instead of some of the egg whites, tastes great either way

[quote]Aman_S wrote:
5 egg whites, 1 scoop whey, blueberries on top

200 cals, 40g protein, 0fat, 15g carbs

or use a whole egg instead of some of the egg whites, tastes great either way[/quote]

Great recipe, and love the pic too. A recipe just doesn’t appeal as much without a pic or video behind it!

I like the recipes as well. My question is if I was to make a large batch of them, how well do they hold up in the freezer?

Just follow them, they show it pretty well.

Glad you both like it! they only take 5 minutes to make but it might be worth seeing how they work out if frozen.

adding 2 tsp of cream and splenda works really well with the above recipe i posted. The cream adds about 100 calories, tastes good with or without.

Loads of fiber, protein and fat in this recipe:

2 cups ground flax meal
2 cups whey protein powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons splenda (or 3 packets)
2 cups plain yogurt
4 eggs

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, then mix in wet ingredients. Preheat frying pan, spray lightly with Pam. Use a soup ladle to measure pancake batter into pan (one ladle per pancake). Flip after approx. 1 or 2 minutes. I do a quick Pam spray in-between every new pancake. Makes 10-12 pancakes.

Totals per pancake (estimated based on 10 total – double check based on your brand of yogurt, total number of pancakes, etc):

500 Calories
24 Fat
50 Protein
27 Carbs
17 Fiber

I like zero carb Walden Farms syrup with these.

3 egg whites and 1 whole egg

3 tbsp milk

1 tbsp cinnamon

1/2 cup oats

1 tsp baking powder

1 whole banana

1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use dymatize elite xt brand. Ive tried optimum 100% whey and it didnt come out right, so I would suggest a casein or blend protein rather than a whey)

throw it all in a blender, and then cook as you would any normal pancake. Drizzling coconut oil over them instead of syrup is amazing.