T Nation

Protein Overdose?

[quote]The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Some people on here are just so full of pride and don’t want to hear the truth. It’s a medical fact that if you consume too much protein it can hurt your kidney and cause other problems.Protein isn’t bad,it’s good for you,it’s essential to building muscle,but too much can cause health problems.Thats just how it goes.Just like too much fat will make you fat.[/quote]

Could you please substantiate this? Thanks.

It is true that the way they talk about protein you’d think it makes you rich and grows hair.[/quote]

If protein doesn’t make you rich and grow hair, then what the fuck are we eating it for?

|/ 3Toes

Some people on here are just so full of pride and don’t want to hear the truth. It’s a medical fact that if you consume too much protein it can hurt your kidney and cause other problems.Protein isn’t bad,it’s good for you,it’s essential to building muscle,but too much can cause health problems.Thats just how it goes.Just like too much fat will make you fat.[/quote]

Please show us one study performed on healthy individuals that showed any level of protein was dangerous.

Good luck.

protein killed my mother and raped my sister

Hmmm… I wonder what muscle is made out of???

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:
Hmmm… I wonder what muscle is made out of???[/quote]

bread. muscle is made out of bread.

i help because i care.

[quote]baretta wrote:
protein killed my mother and raped my sister[/quote]

Did he make Foopa watch?

[quote]baretta wrote:

Damn I thought I was the only one this happened to…GODDAMN PROTEIN! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

[quote]Miserere wrote:
baretta wrote:
protein killed my mother and raped my sister

Did he make Foopa watch?[/quote]

LMAO Ohhh, that was the highlight of my day. Good times.

It’s made by praying. Lifting doesn’t make you big. It’s saying oh shit and praying when you see big ass weights that makes you big.

[quote]Need4Speed wrote:
Hmmm… I wonder what muscle is made out of???[/quote]

It is possible to OD on protein. Buy cheap bulk protein, take about 200 g, and man. Death by gas.

[quote]TheArrow wrote:
Probably a skewed Christian Hallelujah diet scam, but I want some honest opinions. (Nothing against Christans…)

http://www.alphaomegafood.com/protein_truth.htm

What is that, 20-30g of protein/day?!?!

Is the BS or the Truth?

Thanks,
TheArrow[/quote]

Wtf? Too much protein is bad for you.Too much of anything can be bad for you. If any of you think that too much isn’t bad for you then you’re wrong.Too much protein is bad for your kidney etc…There are plenty of studys that have been done showing that too much protein isn’t good for you.Do a search on it. I’m sure you’ve passed 2nd grade right?Do it.

Look how mad you guys get.I think someone has been brainwashed by the atkins industry,lol. Protein,or high protein diets aren’t bad for you.But there is a fine line between HIGH PROTEIN DIETS AND TOO MUCH PROTEIN.Too much protein isn’t good for you.You don’t have to be bill gates to understand that.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Some people on here are just so full of pride and don’t want to hear the truth. It’s a medical fact that if you consume too much protein it can hurt your kidney and cause other problems.Protein isn’t bad,it’s good for you,it’s essential to building muscle,but too much can cause health problems.Thats just how it goes.Just like too much fat will make you fat.

Please show us one study performed on healthy individuals that showed any level of protein was dangerous.

Good luck.[/quote]

Lol.Nothing is wrong with protein.That website was funded by pissed off vegetarians,lol.

[quote]baretta wrote:

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
The_Grim_Reaper wrote:
Ok,so you’re telling me that too much protein isn’t bad for you? And you’re… a doctor? Some people on here are just so full of pride and don’t want to hear the truth. It’s a medical fact that if you consume too much protein it can hurt your kidney and cause other problems.Protein isn’t bad,it’s good for you,it’s essential to building muscle,but too much can cause health problems.Thats just how it goes.Just like too much fat will make you fat…[/quote]

Could you please substantiate this? Thanks

So according to this whole, protein is bad for you thing, my kidneys should have exploded long ago. Actually they should be exploding on a daily basis if eating more than 100 grams a day is bad for you. Heck I think I will check the site for a survey and if it is not here already i will post one and find out how much most T-men are eating daily as far as protein goes.
DA

I think it was Too Short who wrote a song about a certain protein overdose killing someone

Some of you need to learn to read.I never said 100 grams of protein a day was bad for you,not even 300 grams is bad for you.All I’m saying is over doing it can cause some problems.There was a study done in 1989 on this subject.Do some research on it.Like I said.There is a HUGE difference between high protein diets and TOO MUCH protein.

Your kidny/liver can only handle so much protein.Like I said.Too much of ANYTHING can be bad for you. Protein isn’t bad for you.Fat isn’t bad for you.Carbohydrates aren’t bad for you.But too much can be bad. That link that kid gave us is a website funded by pissed off vegetarians.

They said something like 30 grams of protein is enough…yeah for the average adult who doesn’t lift weights.If you’re trying to build muscle you neeed atleast 1 gram per pound of bodyweight.Smoke some weed if you have to,but calm the fuck down.

Too much protein isn’t good for you.You don’t have to be bill gates to understand that.

[/quote]

Bill Gates doesn’t look like he knows a helluva lot about protein…

|/ 3Toes

All I’m saying is over doing it can cause some problems.There was a study done in 1989 on this subject.Do some research on it.Like I said.There is a HUGE difference between high protein diets and TOO MUCH protein.[/quote]

Okay smart guy, what amount of protein is too much?

Please enlighten us.

Wtf? Too much protein is bad for you.Too much of anything can be bad for you. If any of you think that too much isn’t bad for you then you’re wrong.Too much protein is bad for your kidney etc…There are plenty of studys that have been done showing that too much protein isn’t good for you.Do a search on it. I’m sure you’ve passed 2nd grade right?Do it.[/quote]

I didn’t think you could reference a legitimate study on this topic. I’m involved in research in this field and have never seen a study that showed a negative effect from any level of protein on healthy kidneys.

When making ridiculous claims it helps to have something to back them up. Just saying that there are studies on the topic doesn’t cut it.

I would say “produce or shut up,” but claims like this are pretty funny.